TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

I've just started out with this mission, and while I look forward to what lies ahead, I curse the wretched ATI fog which looks horrible and ruins part of the experience (fog also bleeds inside rooms ).

I seem to be experiencing frequent crashes with this mission, though. I'll try it on a fresh boot, but is version 1.2 (or whatever) expected anytime soon? Has anyone else had this mission crash now and then, or is it just my setup?

help

iam in the lost library killed 2 haunts, got the book, how do i get out?...in fact i cant see how i got in.....
    lol found that straight away....

but

now i am in the "watcher room", gone down the ladder, got the key....do i have to move that pillar somehow ?
    Last edited by billynone; 13th Jul 2005 at 05:06. Reason: found the answer

mol, I experienced quite a few crashes myself, and others have said so as well. In particular, when I picked up any thief bodies (KO'd or dead), I crashed to desktop. The other crashes I had were random, probably a total of 8 or so during my complete playthrough, all of which required a reboot to continue.

pnowak, I followed your hints and got about 300 more loot, and found the Horn (I'd forgotten all about that)! Thanks! ....but, I'm still short about 500 for Part 2.

If / when a new version comes out, I'll give it another try.

Tough misssions, but for the most part, VERY well done!

billynone, I'd like to help, but I'm not sure which "watcher room" you mean. If you mean the
    spoiler:
    chapel, there is a place to use the key very close outside the chapel.
    Last edited by bassmanret; 13th Jul 2005 at 06:35.

Thanks, bassmanret. I made a fresh boot, and now I've played for quite a while without crashes, and I've even carried knocked out guards around. I'll keep enough saves (regular and quicksaves) just in case I'll run into random crashes.

I'm not very far yet (I'm guessing, as everyone's saying how large this mission is), but already I'm liking this a great deal. Great gameplay, nice architecture/milieu, secrets, twists, surprises -- very, very promising! *rubs hands together*

Quote Originally Posted by mol

I seem to be experiencing frequent crashes with this mission, though. I'll try it on a fresh boot, but is version 1.2 (or whatever) expected anytime soon? Has anyone else had this mission crash now and then, or is it just my setup?
    I think Rostvogel has some problems fixing the bugs. Yes, I experienced crashes too.

I have a walkthrough from Lady Jo that has just a tad more than needed to complete Mission 2 on Expert. It's been translated from French with a program so it's a bit hard to make out in spots but I should be able to compare it with the list I made, which is a couple of hundred gold short of 6000g. and spot what I've missed. Then it will be available for people struggling to find enough loot. I'll be as quick as I can.

on the way to the vault room u have to walk thru a chapel (?), there is a green glow comming from the top of double doors, there is a tool box and a light set up there, i can see some undead thru some slits there...how do i get in?
    and just one more thing...where is the second skull?

billynone,

hint:
    spoiler:
    read what the stone says in the vault

more:
    spoiler:
    use a weapon on both statues

give-away:
    spoiler:
    shoot each of the statues on either side of the doors with a HOLY water arrow.

Hope that helps!

fire lock

How activat the fire lock ?

I've got a loot list for Mission 2 with 6020g. on it now, thanks to Lady Jo. I'd missed a few coins, etc. I'll send it to Jason as soon as I've had time to convert it to html but if anyone wants it before he gets it up, just email me. I'll have one for Mission 1 with enough loot to meet the loot requirement ready shortly, as well. Again, many thanks to Lady Jo for helping me find a bit that I'd missed.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci
    I think Rostvogel has some problems fixing the bugs. Yes, I experienced crashes too.
    Too bad, but then again, the mission shows a level of complexity that it isn't particularily surprising. I wonder if anyone on the Editors' Guild could help Rostvogel solve the problems that remain? A mission this good would deserve to be free of crashes.

Like I said, after a fresh reboot the mission has played fine for me for quite a while. Not a single crash since then, and before I experienced several. Playing on a fresh boot certainly seems to help.

ok..thanks Basemanret.....is the second skull there too?

Quote Originally Posted by jello
    How activat the fire lock ?
    drop the skull on the alter

billynone,

Yup, but it's tricky to find. Search carefully.

If you get stuck, search the beginning of this thread for the answer (I think page 2 or 3).

Excellent, Nightwalker! Thanks for all your effort!

jello,

spoiler:
    Watch out for the haunts that will come through an opening gate after the fire lock is activated. Three holy water arrows each will do the trick

Door to Hall X

has anybody unlocked that door (near main monastery gate) ??? Where's the key ?

Yes. The key is labeled "Saal X key" and is on the table in the bedroom attached to the guard barracks room that is beside the storage room with the ceiling hatch to the roof.

I have loot lists for both Mission 1 (5323/5548) and Mission 2 (6020/6420) ready to send to Jason now or for email to anyone who requests them.

Part II

This mission is neat, but really hard..

I'm stuck at the green doors and after reading previous posts, it looks like I need the skulls. I can't find them anywhere.

I've been nearly everywhere. I found the horn and the hand of glory,
    spoiler:
    but couldn't find a place to use it in Hall X

Any hints on to where the skulls are?

I thought it was funny, too, when I was finding the Hand.. that plaque confused me, and I was trying to throw the Book of Wisdom into the firey-thing. And somehow each time I picked it up, it sounded like Garrett ate something and actually got health too

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I have loot lists for both Mission 1 (5323/5548) and Mission 2 (6020/6420) ready to send to Jason now or for email to anyone who requests them.
    Both please!

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 13th Jul 2005 at 14:23.

They're on the way to you.

I edited your post to remove the email address as it's not a good idea to display it on the forums. It's safer to PM and include your email address to keep it private.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Yes. The key is labeled "Saal X key" and is on the table in the bedroom attached to the guard barracks room that is beside the storage room with the ceiling hatch to the roof.
    Thanks Nightwalker. But I am not able to find it (EXPERT). The room is empty
    spoiler:
    with opened secret place in the wall - gallery key... and many blank scrolls. I wonder if "saal X key" is right name - do you play english version as me (it is a Germany version too) ? However no one of my 11 keys (including hand of glory) does fit to Sall X door.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 13th Jul 2005 at 16:42.

I'm no expert on this mission so I may be wrong. I was pretty sure that was where I picked the key up (I was playing on Expert). Maybe someone else will be able to help you out.

Congratulation

Just to say that it's a very good mission

How can i open this door!?
    Where is that key for it!?

Great Mission!
    Last edited by flying_hope; 14th Jul 2005 at 04:47. Reason: great

@ flying_hope : Hi,
    spoiler:
    search for an other way to enter this area . you will need a golden skull...

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast