TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Lord Soth

If you read back through this thread there are loads questions and answers relating to objects you seek. Take a little time to look. It is a hard mission to do, but if I can manage it with lots of help from fellow frobbers, I am sure it will be no problem to you.

metal door

ok found a metal door behind somr stones but seem unable to open itwith any key i have or the lockpicks. is there a key to open this or is it trigered.

Lord Soth. Did you
    spoiler:
    take the stones from a wall behind a chair. If so you need a key. This can be found in a chapel nearby with a face alarm. To switch it off you will find a switch by the altar in that chapel. Next shoot a rope arrow into the rafters in the chapel where you will find another switch. This will open a hole in the floor for you to find the key.

Go to it boy.

metal door

lol i opened it but not with the key .

Now im in the libary and need to find the canon medicinae. Think i found the safe just dont see how to open it.

gorge

ok put the skulls on the stools, now i need to find the key to open the lock under the body, any idea where this is ???

Lord Soth,

spoiler:
    The key is on the ground to the right of the door.

This where I got stuck. Did all this stuff, but the door wouldn't open.

nice key

I did look on the ground before did not see it.

Now all i need to do is find and open the safe in lost library, any ideas where and how to open.

Think i found it but can not open it.

Skull in Vult

Will someone please just tell me how to get the skull in the vault. Even with the various hints throughout this thread I am bewildered. Go ahead..just spoil it. Thanks.

Lightningline - Are you already in the Vault building? If so, then have you used holy water on the two statues to open the second set of doors? Once you've done that, look for a switch on the back of a statue that will move the center pedestal. Climb down to the room below and use the statue head to weigh down a pressure plate beside a coffin. It will lift (I think) and you'll be able to get to the skull.

Lord Soth - Jump in the water in the lost library and look at the underside of the bridge. Use the Hand of Glory on the handprint there to open the safe.

Its a bug ?

spoiler:
    I have not found the skulls yet, and when I get inside the big iron door withthe dead thief right in front, as the door closes, I am stuck? there are 3 crystals loot with a haunt statue ? there is no way out, help

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    Will someone please just tell me how to get the skull in the vault. Even with the various hints throughout this thread I am bewildered. Go ahead..just spoil it. Thanks.

Lightningline:

spoiler:
    I assume you have got the vault key and use the holy fountain.
    Shoot the 2 statues with holy arrows, the unhighlighted door will open.

Go in and turn left behind the statue pull the lever. the statue in the middle will slide open. go down there!

spoiler:
    When you get the skull throw it up or you will be too heavy to climb out,(you may need to carry a crate with you) surprises await :-) this game is full of bugs but its an excellent FM, credit to the Author

Thanks nightwalker...now If ya can help by telling me what to do with the hand of glory. Pleeease!!

Nevermind..I got it. I think the author made this mission way too hard to have many well hidden secrets necessary to accomplish objectives. Lately I have spent more time here than playing the game and thats no fun.

Last edited by Lightningline; 18th Jul 2005 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I'm curious about the answer to nil8hate's question, too, as I never found a use for the fire arrow . Is there some special use for it? You certainly don't need to figure out where to use it to move on. Once you've placed the skull on the pedestal (you'll know when you've done it right, by the way, as there will be a reaction as well as a gate opening that releases to haunts. Wait for a bit and a obelisk that is against the wall will move out and reveal another room. You'll find a key in there you need to get out as well as get to the basement.
    well i did put it on, and got the reaction and moved obelisk....but the gates do not open for the haunts...?

marycwmbach

nil8hate
    Where exactly are you stuck.

spoiler:
    Are you by the firelock. I didn't use the fire arrow.

If not there where?
    i am
    spoiler:
    where you have to put the skull on the pedastal in part 1...have done so, burned my butt...but the gates do not open. the obelisk does, but the haunt stays put

BTW
    spoiler:
    i went to the basement via the thiefs hideout.

Why I think Ruined is Sadistic.

1 ) Like in an earlier thread who would ever imagine
    spoiler:
    in mission 1 that you have to shoot a mushroom to open a door
    I can see it if there was a hint somewhere but there isnt. Correct me if I am wrong.

2 ) Why oh why
    spoiler:
    do the pedestals I put the skulls on
    have to shoot poison gas out. Whats the point after the torture I have already been through.

3) There is not near enough hints or literature to help the player figure things out.

Dont get me wrong I appreciate the effort of the mission creator and like a good long challenging mission but this is ridiculous. I hope the revised version can solve some of the bugs as well as the above named suggestions. If so this pack could easilly be one of the best.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 18th Jul 2005 at 20:58. Reason: Why I think Ruined is Sadistic.

part 3

Anyone on part 3, ive killed the trees and the men. now im up on the tower gone down rope ladder now looking across at the side of the mountain wall, i can see there an entrance over there but how i get overto it do i have to do anything on top of the tower first????.

done

ok done it. Have to say after part 1&2 part3 was a bit short. but all round very good if a lttle hard.

@ Lightningline: for your issue 1). There IS a hint
    spoiler:
    in the burrick-stable house, upstairs, not far from the big chest, on the window-sill is a scroll

CU

help.. mission 2...

I have ALL OBJECTIVES except the one skull

spoiler:
    Corridor from library - remove stones at the end, unlock door, move sword, proceed to well for skull...I look everywhere for this key to open it, yess I look into the barrack table no key ? please be more specific, I spent too much time dealing with the msiion bugs than playing the game

Bugs encounter .

1. back to desktop at time when trying to pick a body up
    2. body stuck to the library shelves and not able to get out.
    3. At times take forever just to jump out of an opening

In Part III at the end, I'm stumped. How do you get from the

spoiler:
    bunker (lever, key, beds, etc.) into the tower? The fire-breathing tree beasts came out and killed the men. I used gas arrows on the tree beasts. All objectives now met except escaping. I've left bunker via ladder (behind the door opened by the key) and followed path behind "lava fall" but it leads back to room with lever, gates, and access to elevator.

OK, I figured it out,

spoiler:
    You go under the building that has the elevator shaft (after the tunnel, into room with the lever, switch the lever, up the ladder in the next room, out the opening with the gas arrows nearby). After working your way under the building, jump on the "island" and then up into the pipe.

Probably not as "cool" as the way Lord Soth seems to have found , but it worked.
    Last edited by twhalen; 18th Jul 2005 at 23:45.

part3

The way i did it was cool .

Jupiter2k:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter2k
    help.. mission 2...
    I have ALL OBJECTIVES except the one skull
    spoiler:
    Corridor from library - remove stones at the end, unlock door, move sword, proceed to well for skull...I look everywhere for this key to open it, yess I look into the barrack table no key ? please be more specific
    spoiler:
    Look in church nearby - stop alarm with switch behind altair - shoot rope arrow to beam - press button - climb ladder - open coffin - get key...
    Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth
    Have to say that this Fm is shit finding anything take hours and well that crap, t2X is way better as it made sence this dose not.
    Hmmmm.... Have to say my opinion is contrary. t2x was for me too easy and many missions was small and boring. Have to say the story, the videos and new tools was perfect (especially videos was EXCELLENT !). However, the maps was a little bit disappointing for me. When checking development team you can see the story, videos etc. was developed by many many people. And maps was developed only by few... The reason of overall maps weakness is obvious. Please, I don't say T2X was bad FM pack - not at all. But with such great working team the maps SHOULD be more better...

When correcting bugs in Ruined, this FM could be the best in looooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    spoiler:
    Look in church nearby - stop alarm with switch behind altair - shoot rope arrow to beam - press button - climb ladder - open coffin - get key...
    Hope this helps...
    hmm that is the problem I have done that
    climb down the rope and comb the whole chapel floor for opening ?
    there are 3 skulls on the stone plague ? or its I need to go next door?

Jupiter2k:

spoiler:
    does stone plague open after pressing button at wooden beam ?

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    Jupiter2k:

spoiler:
    does stone plague open after pressing button at wooden beam ?
    If you meant the 2 stone plague directly below the
    spoiler:
    switch
    ,with 3 white skulls scattered around, then strangely No!

Unless its somewhere else

It should ?, I have tried a few of earlier saved games all don't seems to work either :-(

Is there a way to skip nad play mission 22 - Part III
    Last edited by Jupiter2k; 19th Jul 2005 at 04:46.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast