TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Never mind (sigh)...I found them.
    spoiler:
    Behind the chair/table on the south end of the hallway east of the chapel entrence

This FM is really causing me a lot of grief. I must be doing things in a totally mixed up order. Two things that I 'think" are separate issues I'm currently having problems with are :

1. The crypt room has nothing in it and is a dead end. I DO have the Hand Of Glory.

2. Somewhere in this thread it is mentioned that
    spoiler:
    under the bridge in the old library is a lock that can be opened with the Hand Of Glory. All I can find there is a chest. Where exactly is this lock that's shaped like a hand?

Clock

spoiler:
    If you are under the bridge with the chest in the old library, look up at the underside of the bridge. Scan it carefully and you will see the hand shaped lock. Once you have frobbed the lock with the hand key, slash a banner or a picture on one of the columns in the room and bingo. Beware the haunts. Then scuttle out the way you came.

Now
    spoiler:
    what crypt do you mean. The one in the building in the garden
    ?

After re-reading your post, are you saying that you have found
    spoiler:
    the two skulls. I don't think you could get them and not know. One in the bottom of the well and the other in basement place in the vault in the garden
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 22nd Jul 2005 at 17:37.

Sorry I was quite vague about things. I hate using the Spoiler and try to avoid it by writing in very general terms.

By the Crypt, I meant the
    spoiler:
    room accessed by frobbing away the bricks behind the chair in the hallway, near the chapel.

I'll go back and scour for that hand lock again.

The Skulls.....
    spoiler:
    When I got to the large door at the end of the lava lake, I knew from skimming past threads that the two pedestals right and left figure in on it. So I jumped up on each one, and a skull appeared out of nowhere to rest there. I don't know where they came from and assume they were in my inventory. Either way, nothing happened, so I had to find my way back, which like I said before, was very difficult.

Can't get out after Mission 3 ?????

Hello Taffers,
    All my objectives are x'd off except the last one saying to get out of there!!! . I'm playing on easy but can't find a way to end the game. The passage is closed up with rocks. Any help appreciated................ The Geez

I think I'm approaching the end to mission2...just have to get to the Well Of Oblivion. But......
    spoiler:
    This room behind the frobbable bricks is empty and a dead end. There is nothing in here. Yet I know this is the way to the Well. A key obtained from the chapel opens the door. 6 tombstones, all unmovable and a haunt statue at the end. 6 floor plaques, also unfrobbable. I think I read some where that once you obtain the Hand Of Glory, one of these tombstones moves aside. I do have the Hand. But there is nothing in this room for me to do. There must be a button around here, but I can't find it.

Clock - Frob the sword in the statue's hand.

oldgeezer - You have to crawl in under a building, right along the edge of the lava pretty much. I think it's the building with the lever in it. Once you get far enough under, you'll find an opening.

Argggggghhhhhhhh !!

Well, I thought I was finished, but no. I'm at the exit, but no key works on the floor lock between the pedestals. My objectives tell me I have the Gorge Key, but it's not showing up in the inventory. Looks like I may have to fight my way back to the Gorge Key location, which I now forgot.

IS it the Gorge key I need? Where was it again?

The key for the floor lock is right beside you. It's lying on the floor near the right hand corner of the big green door. The key labels in this make things a bit confusing. The Drawing room key is the one that ticks off the objective to get the Gorge key, probably because that is how you get access to the gorge. You're right at the end now so on to Mission 3!

I never never
    spoiler:
    would have found that key lying near by on the ground.

Just like I never
    spoiler:
    would have found the hand lock under the bridge unless I knew it was there.

This thread has been crucial to getting through Parts I & II, and I'm looking forward to doing this one again, with the walkthrough of coarse.

Missing Loot

To lend you a hand in updating the loot lists:

I checked the maps thoroughly in Dromed and came to this conclusion (please double check it, to be sure):

- Mission 1: version 1.2: all crystalshards (lightsources!) are unobtainable but each counts for 25 gold! There are 5 in the game so this is exactly the missing sum of 125 gold.

- Mission 2: Strangely enough you can take the shards in this mission in the last cave, where the mission should end. To get them just drop the book before the entrance, so one objective is still inactive. After that, just pick it up again. This gives again some loot which adds to your total. I found a vase that is stuck in the wall and is unobtainable (I think it counts for 50 loot, located near the secret door behind the sofa) and a golden goblet which seems to have the same properties (it counts for 25 loot). It is located in the crypt on a tombstone. Altogether this should give you the complete lootlist, which seems to be already nearly perfect.

- Mission 3: all the loot goes into the unobtainable crystalshards

Hope this helps you a bit!

Gone, but never forgotten
    I put Hand of Glory on the pipe what stripped an objective, with the book the mission finishes nevertheless.

I took the 3 blue crystals .

Loot 6095 / 6400
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 23rd Jul 2005 at 05:21.

Excellent! Thank you, Florian.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I checked the maps thoroughly in Dromed and came to this conclusion (please double check it, to be sure):

Mission 1: version 1.2: all crystalshards (lightsources!) are unobtainable but each counts for 25 gold! There are 5 in the game so this is exactly the missing sum of 125 gold.
    I've just finished the double checking - by George, you've got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth
    The way i did it was cool .
    I am where you were in part 3....in the tower and down the rope ladder . What next ?? How did you do it??

I got it...Thank God all missions arnt this hard. If so I would probably play something else.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Jul 2005 at 02:48.

Lightningline - show me the way !!!

Hello Lightning,
    I still am stuck !!! Tell me how you did it ....... The Geez

Lightning will no doubt tell you. Don't want to jump in. Just a hint.
    spoiler:
    A walk of faith.

Sorry if it is crytic.

I am afraid the faith is not enough - you should do something...

LOL

Yes thats very true.
    spoiler:
    You mean go to the top of the tower collect the fire arrows, Go out onto that protruding thing opposite that round disc thing and shoot at it with a fire arrow.

Well I want lightningline to give the definitive answer. (oops)

Problem getting in armory in mission 1?

I know the answer must be in here somewhere, but there is too much to read through. Does anyone know how to access the armory in Mission 1? I also need some health potions and haven't seen any available.

marycwmbach,pnonak,lightningline,nightwalker

Hello Guys,
    This mission is like my outlook on the "whole computer thing" I LOVE it but HATE it !!!! I thought the round "gizmo" across the way had a part to play BUT ? I have not found any fire arrows in the tower. I guess the tower you mean is the one with the elevator that goes up to the area with the rope you climb down and can walk through to the other side where the round shield gizmo is across the chasm? I shot regular,gas and water arrows at it with no results. Where are those elusive fire arrows? Do I need to restart an earlier save to go get them or? Thanks for all your help. TheGeez !!

Hello oldgeezeer,

spoiler:
    The fire arrows are in the tower as you say. On the top floor enbedded in something, ice or crystal. Just frob on them to get the arrows. There is only about three anyway. One arrow will do the trick for a magic pathway.

Good Luck

You might need to go back to an earlier save. Depends on where you are now.
    spoiler:
    If you can get to the top of the tower again then you are OK

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant
    I know the answer must be in here somewhere, but there is too much to read through. Does anyone know how to access the armory in Mission 1? I also need some health potions and haven't seen any available.
    Regarding the armory key:

spoiler:

It is on a window ledge of the building where the armory is. If you're facing the armory from the courtyard, then the window is to your left and up. YOu'll have to shoot a rope arrow to get there....

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant
    spoiler:
    If I remember the key is in the window above courtyard - use rope arrow...

marycwmbach: sorry, if you want lightningline give answer...

oldgeezer:
    spoiler:
    check the top of the tower ...

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast