TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Thanks found it. I also found health potions that I needed..

Where the skull of st.gregor

The Oldgeezer finally finished !!!

To all who helped,
    Many thanks !!!! The Geez

How do I get to the @#%#$ing horn?

I have all objectives but the horn. I have the gallery key, but I don't know how to get past the iron portcullis. I've read through this entire thread, and maybe I'm just being inordinately obtuse, but I can't figure it out. Please give me more than a gentle nudge, so I can finish this mission. Thanks.

Jello, the skull
    spoiler:
    of St Gregor is in the vault. This a building in the garden.

Skulduggerist,

This is what I did.

spoiler:
    If you have a water arrow left put out the torch by the iron gate. The thing is you want to the key from the guys belt. This will open the gate and the door at the top of the tower where the wooden bridge is. I weakened him by shooting a couple of arrows through the gate. Then a few whacks with the sword as he came to the gate. If you can put the torch out perhaps you can pick pocket the key. I didn't have any water arrow so a frontal assault was my only option

If ayone has an easier method, please step forward.

Who's a dope? That'd be me.

Mary,
    Thanks for your help, but I was talking about the portcullis before you get to the gallery door, which is what makes this an even more painful admission of stupidity than normal. I had searched for I don't know how long for a lever that would open that portcullis, and now I find that you just frob it. D'oh! What threw me off was the lack of highlighting, so I didn't even try to frob the blasted thing. After that, everything went smoothly, and I have now finished all three parts of the mission. Whew! Thanks again.

When will the author release a version that crashes less than once every five minutes? I'm serious. Anything this riddled with problems needs to be hauled back to the garage. I was barely getting 10 fps in places--INDOORS!

That's not necessarily a problem with the mission. It could have something to do with your computer or with other strange problems that crop up with FMs. I had no crashes or slowdowns at all with the latest version. Some people had framerate problems with Snobs and solved it by deleting the missions and saves then downloading a new copy and starting agin. Nobody knows why it fixed it but it did for a number of people. Perhaps you should try that with this mission?

Who can guess what the Dark Engine is doing? I restarted part 1 at a higher resolution and it ran silky smooth.

Skulduggerist

Sorry I misunderstood you about the gate. Quite a tricky FM wouldn't you say .

I'll preface with 2 things:
    1. great mission! I feel like I'm actually stuck somewhere
    2. there is way too much to read so far without getting spoiled, so sorry if this has been asked before

I'm in part 1, underground in the part with the biohazard signs on the walls. The only path out (through the red pipe on the left) just goes out and up into a little fog-filled square floating in space. What am I supposed to do?

I've only gotten the key from Rupert, and access to the Sir's private rooms... hopefully I wasn't supposed to get more done before going down this far into the crack?

ditto: stuck too!!!

Just like the post before me, I am where they are. And I have all of the objectives. I opened the gate in the pipe on the left and it won't open enough to get through for me. I just get so impatient that I jump into the toxic waste.. Can anyone help me (us) with this dilema. Thanks

Mr Munkeepants,
    You must first complete the other objectives before you can go any further. My suggestion is to reload an earlier saved game and then try. After you kill the second spider look behind you in the diagonal pipe, this is where you'll end up later.

That damned horn

I'm on part 2 of this thing and I have done everything except for finding the horn. I haven't seen any spot anywhere in the mission where it coulc be except for one. If I remember correctly, there was a spot just outside the monestary,
    spoiler:
    where the button is up on the beam
    , that had something smoking up on top of a square column that was outside in a small garden area. I wasn't able to get up there so I don't know if this was it or not. Does the horn start making any noise when you get near it? If this wasn't it can anyone tell me where to look for it? This was a fun mission but I did find it full of things that you just wouldn't think to do without at least a hint.

Mook - The Horn is up on the beams in the tower. To get into it, you first have to gain access to the Gallery. Just in case you don't have it, the key for that is hidden in the bedroom at the end of the barracks that is beside the storeroom with the ceiling hatch to the roof. Look for a button behind the table leg.

Ugh! The firelock! How in heck does it work? No half-hints please. I've put Yorrick's skull on the pedestal, the haunts have appeared and the box crushing obelisk has moved. Sticky geometry and obtuse puzzles are NOT fun.

You've done the necessary - the objective should tick off when you place the skull. I restarted from an earlier save, and it was OK the second time through.

dbrilliant

Are you still stuck?

spoiler:
    You swing using a rope arrow into the mouth of the left hand pipe. The grill does open enough to get through. The dead archer has a suppy of arrows but don't pick him up or you will crash to desktop. I carried a box with me as it is quite hard to mantle up the next bit after you go through the left hand pipe.

Thanks Mary... But I found out how to do it after I posted the problem. Sometimes after hours of trying, somehow I pull trough.

Library ?

Where is the lost library ?????

never mind i found it
    Last edited by Vipercat; 27th Jul 2005 at 01:06.
    Things that try to "look" like things often end up looking more "like" things than "things"

Vipercat:

spoiler:
    the store room - check wall carefully - you'll need Hand of glory...

I've searched and searched, but can't find the answer

I'm in Part I, and I just used the
    spoiler:
    Yorick skull
    to get into the tomb-ish place with all the lava. What do I do next?

Mr Munkeepants,
    After placing the skull where it goes, use holy water arrows to kill the haunts.
    Then wait for one of the tomb statues to slide out. Then this will lead to the area by the lifts. Be sure to have a look on the table too.

I got Half-Life about a month ago and it's occupied a lot of my time. Still, there's no way I could stay away from Thief.

Playing Ruined is a great way to come back.

I'm totally loving this pack. I'm in the first mission and in total heaven. Everything looks so well-arranged and all the little details fit in so well. The foggy atmosphere is captivating, but also calming in a way. I loved Konkurrenten, so I know I'll enjoy this.

Excellent work, Rostvogel.

Still stuck in the room with the pipes and the toxic water. Tried rope arrowing into the pipes but it's very tricky. SO frusterating!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021 ... LastLast