TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

dbrilliant

I'm sorry, the skull goes where now?

Got it!
    spoiler:
    where the other one currently is

so now, I have "find another way into the monastery" and get 3000c.
    I have 1982c (or so), so the rest is in the monastery...?
    how do I get in?

Or is this when I'm supposed to head down into the crack?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 28th Jul 2005 at 02:58.

White falcon

It is a bit tricky.
    spoiler:
    I used several rope arrows ( got from the dead archer, don't pick him up.) Then you can swing about a bit from one to the other to get in the right position. You don't seem to carry over any items to the next part so might as well use them.

Mr MonkeePants

spoiler:
    If you still need 3000g there must be lots of places you have not been yet.

Use the lift key you would have found after opening the fire lock. Lots of things to find there. Have you found the gem cave, lots of hints about finding loot in this thread.

Don't go down the crack until you have been everywhere else.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 28th Jul 2005 at 03:52.

thank mary

sorry, I can't always tell which clue is for what puzzle.. and I don't want to spoil things before I give them a chance myself! I'm abour ready for a walkthrough, though

the monastery is a dead end, as far as I can tell (even after getting up onto the bridge -
    spoiler:
    just doors into nothing, right?
    ) I used the lift key, and
    spoiler:
    it just got me up to the little library in the cliff face
    , where I had been before. Am I supposed to do something here? There seem to be a lot of grates that I can't move in this mission, could that be the problem?

MrMunkeePants

Ruins Part 1

You are right about a walkthrough especially regarding loot and secrets.

spoiler:
    Did you find a chest on an inbetween floor before going down to the bottom on the lift. In the pirates library accessed here, you will find a key and if you go out on to balcony, at each end there is a atatue to be collected. The thing is to bump up the loot collection. There are a few bits to be had underground but not much.

The monastery is not accessed in Part 1.

The walkthrough and updated lootlists will be available in a few days.

Thank you ffox and thanks to those who have been working hard on our behalf.

spoiler:
    I think maybe a lot of confusion has been caused by being able to access the last underground bit on part 1 by bashing the doors open by the red switch. If the doors had been unbashable so to speak, then premature access of the underground and pipes would not be possible. I went down early but luckily had a save to go back to. Returning is very difficult indeed.

whats the button do

In the first mission after you put the skull on the pedestal and kill the two haunts that come out i walked down that area to where the lava is and noticed a button on the left in mid air. What was it for or is it just a trigger for the haunts to raise the metal grate ?
    Things that try to "look" like things often end up looking more "like" things than "things"

My guess is that the builder put it in for a quick test run in that area and forgot to remove it.

Vipercat,

I didn't go down there
    spoiler:
    as the gate had closed again after I killed the haunts. I saw the same sort of thing in the area where the pirate goes down some stairs. If you bj him and go down the stairs there is also a free floating button. This is the area where you get the key for the doors by the big red lever. BTW you find it difficult to get back, so don't bother

Ruined Part 2

I am in the old library. I have killed the 2 haunts and slashed the banners. Now I am crawling back and forth under the bridge and all I can find is a chest with fire arrows. I can't find any place to use the hand under there. Please lead me by the hand!! Where is the hand lock? Please be specific. I'm frustrated.

Lynx67 - Walk under the middle of the bridge (or very close to the middle) and then look above your head. There's a hand print on the underside of the bridge that you use the Hand of Glory on. If you still can't see it, email me and I'll send you a screenshot.

Lynx

I didn't bother to kill the haunts.
    spoiler:
    Under the bridge, look up at the underside of the bridge. Scan it carefully, it is easily missed. You will see a hand shaped depression. Apply hand to lock, then look about at the pillars to find the book.

Sorry Nightwalker, your instructions were clearer than mine.

Ruined Part 2

Thanks to both the good samaritans, Nightwalker and marycwmbach. We must have spent a half hour searching. In fact we were so frustrated that we forgot to mask the pertinent parts of our question. Sorry about that.

Ruined part 2

I am in the vault, looking for Gregor's skull. HELP!!! Also I can't get up to where the zombies are in the chapel area. Somebody please spell it out for me, PLEASE!!!

Gregor's skull isn't in the vault itself but hidden underneath the second room in that building. Did you figure out that you need to use a holy water arrow on each of the two statues that flank the double doors to open them? (The stairs up to the zombie area is in this second room, too.) Once you're inside, look behind the left statue for a lever to move the central statue. There's a ladder down to a lower level. Once you're down there, pick up the statue head and use it to weigh down a pressure plate in the floor that is by the left corner of the coffin of St. Bromelius. You'll find the skull behind it.

I'm still hacking away at it, but this is one FM that requires a bit too much key hunting and itty-bitty loot collecting.

Walkthrough and updated Lootlist

Get them at Cheap Thief Missions here. Thanks to epithumia for hosting them.

Many thanks to ffox and nightwalker for the sterling work done on the walkthrough and lootlist. This FM has really stirred up a lot of interest probably because it is really very tough.

I never would have gotten through it even once without all the help in this thread. These are very nice missions but definitely a bit lacking in clues, etc. so they really seemed to warrant a walkthrough. I hope it helps people from becoming to frustrated so they can just enjoy the missions.

DESKTOP CRASH BUG Ver 1.2

I do not want to rain on anyone's parade here; BUT; I got as far as the fire-lock; did the whole Yorick's skull thingy ; no problems; BEFORE the monastery part; my PC was behaving like a P-100 with 1 meg of ram. It was acting and behaving so SLOW; and the frame-rate dropped low. (I have a P-3.2 with a gig of ram and a 256 meg AGP all with latest drivers). I did a save because I played this great FM until 3:00 A.M last nite and I came back to it this morning and I loaded from the previous save and it crashed to my desktop 3X. This is the ONLY FM that behaves this way. I also re-downloaded it; thinking it was a 'bad" download; and played from the beginning through to the same point as above and it crashed. Does anyone else have this bug? I suprised that everyone else got to mission 2 and beyond.

Ruined v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by cutty452
    This is the ONLY FM that behaves this way. I also re-downloaded it; thinking it was a 'bad" download; and played from the beginning through to the same point as above and it crashed. Does anyone else have this bug? I suprised that everyone else got to mission 2 and beyond.

Actually I have not heard of this particular problem. Could it be because its v1.2. I should imagine that most of us used the first version, but maybe there are others who have solved this problem after downloading the revised FM.

This is a really great mission, nice touches, story etc. But still can't get into the pipes and I'm about to pull my hair out so I'll have to put it aside for a few days.

9.5/10

Pros
    -RL effects: Stubbing your toe, walking slower with the skulls, etc.
    -More RL effects: higher AI awareness, like Snobs. Those darn Mechanist creatues would not be KOed.
    -Architexture (sp). Looked real.
    -Plot 'twists'.
    -Wonderful scripted sequences (Part III, anyone?)

Cons
    -The mission crashed when I picked up two NPCs in Parts I and II. They were imported from thiefG, maybe that's the problem? (I'm not using V1.2 yet, I'll d/l it tomorrow and play it again!)
    -Key hunting
    -Inabaility to reach some loot

Will we be seeing "Ruined 2" anytime soon? There was a quesiton mark over that last sign....

Quote Originally Posted by White Falcon
    This is a really great mission, nice touches, story etc. But still can't get into the pipes and I'm about to pull my hair out so I'll have to put it aside for a few days.
    Where exactly are you. What bit is proving to be a bit of a problem. Is it where the three pipes, icluding the one you are in, hang over the red water/lava.

We'll get you through it.

That's the place Mary! hehe

I have put my rope arrows up in all different places, even had many of them up to get in just the right place but I just cant make it into the pipe, I just bounce off it and into the toxic water.

It's like you have to be at the one perfect angle and I just can't find it.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122 LastLast