TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Quote Originally Posted by White Falcon
    That's the place Mary! hehe

I have put my rope arrows up in all different places, even had many of them up to get in just the right place but I just cant make it into the pipe, I just bounce off it and into the toxic water.

Well White Falcon, first off
    spoiler:
    I went back to where the boxes were just before those spiders, and took one with me. You don't have to though. Thats for the bit after you go through that pipe of yours. How about sliding down as far as possible on the rope so you can jump upwards. Hanging from the rope you probably can open the grate on the pipe before you jump. How about pressing crouch, and jump forward. From the pipe where you come in I shot a rope into the ceiling swung acroos to the edge and collected the arrows. Then like you I shot them all around so as to have a goog position. The box by the way I used to get up a steep bit just afterwards as I couldn't mantle.
    Keep me posted

I'm in the secret area with the gems in the graveyard in Part 1. I can't get this last gem down.

metal dawn: do you play version 1.1.? I think nobody reached the last gem in this version. Version 1.2. has wooden beams in the ceiling to fix this problem.

Kthxbai!

[runs off to Thiefmissions]
    Last edited by metal dawn; 2nd Aug 2005 at 19:02.

Just finished 1.2. Very nice, more polished. The new bone in the Gem Cave was buggy though.

I think a version 1.3 is needed: we still can't get all the loot.

PS does Garrett run faster in this version? It seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Yes. The key is labeled "Saal X key" and is on the table in the bedroom attached to the guard barracks room that is beside the storage room with the ceiling hatch to the roof.

I have loot lists for both Mission 1 (5323/5548) and Mission 2 (6020/6420) ready to send to Jason now or for email to anyone who requests them.
    May I please have them? I am having a hard time here! Thanks!

You can find the loot lists here .

I can't believe this. I spent about 45 minutes trying to rope arrow up and over the
    spoiler:
    bridge outside the monastery. When I got up there I found nothing except 1 thief on patrol. One set of doors won't open, and the other two open to blue texture (jorge). I can see through a portculis, but it ends at a wall which is part blue texture. I climbed up to the top of the adjacent tower, only to find nothing again.

I found basically the same thing through the main gate.

btw how do I unlock
    spoiler:
    the hidden skull lock where the secret door in the ground is located?

I know I am way behind on this FM...

john you don't get to enter the monastary on the first level.

As for unlocking the skull lock find a golden skull that is hidden in Sir G's quarters

Ok thanks Shadows.

I thought I was doing good when I climbed over the wall at the top.

Ruined, Second Level Request

As with many others, I have completed Level one, but I am shy 400 gold. As such...

Has anyone saved Level two at the beginning such that I (and anyone else in the same situation) may procede with this awesome game without having to search for the remaining gold?

Here's a little trick that will automatically end the current mission and advance you to the next one:

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END --> press all of them together ....

ruined part1

I keep reading about an underwater area, is this before or after the trap doors? I,m playing on expert and I need the loot there as I am a few hundred short.

The underwater area is found after you go through the trap door. You need it to get enough to complete the mission, I believe.

Wow. Heck of a mission. I wish Pt III was longer. It was interesting to say the least! Without the walkthru providing a couple difficult to fgure hints I would never have made it through. Love those
    spoiler:
    burnin' treebeasts!

Looking for archive key

I read the walk through, I'm playing on easy.....but when I went to look for the archive key and the scroll that was suppose to be there....they weren't there.....are they some where else on easy????....any help would be great.....marker98

Did you find the book that drops off of the shelves when you climb up the ladder to shut off the Watcher? I'm not sure but you may have to read the book to get the scroll and key to appear. It's worth a try. I'm pretty sure that part works the same on all difficulty settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Did you find the book that drops off of the shelves when you climb up the ladder to shut off the Watcher? I'm not sure but you may have to read the book to get the scroll and key to appear. It's worth a try. I'm pretty sure that part works the same on all difficulty settings.
    I read the book, when i first found it.....still no key....guess I'll have to start over, no saves be for that....I've been everywhere, I can go, till I get in the archive....lots of bad words.......................

"Ironimous Busch", a play on Heironymous Bosch.

http://www.omnicircus.com/manifesto/img/death.jpg

Stuck at white building with gate and lever (the gate pictured when you load the fm)

The white building with the gate and a lever just inside - There were two guards here. I lured them away and knocked them out before going through the gate and now I can't get in. I tried firing arrows at the lever, but that doesn't work. Rope arrows don't seem to be any good for getting up to that walkway on the left either. Do I need to go back to a previous save and duck in when the guards come out?

spoiler:
    EDIT: I went back to a previous save and got in while the guards were still conscious. There are two gates and a double door inside. The gate on the left dead ends. The gate on the right goes a little further and then dead ends. The double doors open on a blue screen. No way up to the top walkway and guards that I can hear.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 19th Aug 2005 at 05:22.

Are you playing the first mission? If you walked along the pathway alongside the big garden that ends in a gate and managed to slip under the gate before it closed, you're someplace you shouldn't be. If you have the skull, you need to look in the gardens that are to your right as you walk towards the gate. Climb over into a small spot where you'll see the skull symbol on a rock. "Use" the skull on it to open a secret door.

Yes, I'm on the first mission and I found the spot you mentioned
    spoiler:
    on the right.

spoiler:
    I had a head before not a skull, but I tossed it someplace. Hope I'm not confusing this with some other mission.

Too much info there. I only had the corpse head which I think is useless.
    spoiler:
    Doesn't work for opening the secret door.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 19th Aug 2005 at 16:44.

I think you need to do a bit more exploring as you seem to be missing an item. You might want to check out the walkthrough for a few hints. The really sensitive stuff is covered so you should be able to browse through it fairly safely. These missions are very tough to figure out and I never would have gotten through any of them the first time without all the help here on the forum.

ruined 2 help!

I have completed all of the objectives on expert except for small amount of loot(155).I had the gorge key from magi in water room but now it,s gone!Where did it go and can Iget it back?

Here's a bug:

In version 1.1 of this fm you can fly in the first part if you rope arrow down to the

spoiler:
    graveyard and then try to climb the collapsing ladder.

You can fly up or down until you press "jump" or touch a walkable surface. I'm set to jump to attach to ladders.
    Last edited by nchw68; 20th Aug 2005 at 20:33.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 49141516171819202122 LastLast