TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

help,

spoiler:
    OK i am on the last mission. I am in the middle of the Tower and i can see the exit on the other side - the one with the round red circle above it. But how on earth do i get across?! i can't find any switches, to possibly extend a walkway across??? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx67
    Where do you find the the big garden that leads to the chapel/crypt area? We found what we thought was the big garden, with a latticework and vines over the top, but no chapel. Also where is the key to the basement? Help please!!!
    spoiler:
    You get the basement key after you get past the fire skull lock

Must say this is an excellent mission!!!! I'm on part II and I have a few things left to get and I need some assistance please.
    spoiler:
    How do I get into the tower, none of my keys work and I can't use a rope arrow.
    Secondly,
    spoiler:
    I found the old, old library, and I used my "hand of glory" on the lock I found under the alter (I'm guessing it's an alter) anyway, I can hear something unlocking, but I'm unable to tell what it is.
    Does anybody have an answer for me, I'm already more than 2 hours into the 2nd part and...oh ya
    spoiler:
    I've gotten down to where we have to use the skulls, but there is also a lock there and once again, none of my keys will open it
    HELP!!!!

slam,

spoiler:
    You need to crawl underneath one of the buildings - you may need to raise the gate.

Slash some banners

The key is extremely nearby! by the metal door in fact

d/l now...

...67%!

Playing on expert I've found myself a few hundred short ( about 500 and change I think ) from making the required amount. I've located all the places mentioned so far except for beyond the fire lock gate.
    spoiler:
    I did put the skull where it was supposed to be and it opened the door behind the obilisk but it didn't open the door to where the haunts were. The objective ticked off but the door didn't open. I've tried it a couple times now. Is there some other requirement to opening this gate?
    Can any one help this old taffer on his way?

I'm precisely where you are . On a retry the gate opened ( not sure what happened the first time ) , out come the haunts , and nothing behind the gate but an empty room with a switch on the inside and a backwards button on the outside . I went to the end of the mission and found one gold nugget , then tried reloading an earlier save to find about 80 more loot . This is very fustrating .

Ruined

Okay lead me by the hand, please! Where is the chapel, is it in part 1? Also I can't find the basement door now, although we have the key. Completely frustrated. The only objective not checked off are the loot and another way into the monastery. Please, please HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    spoiler:
    Look straight up .

I'd be interested to know if anyone has finished this one on expert .
    I m playing all FM expert only. Unfortunately this one, not yet...

Lynx67: No, the chapel is in part 2. If you mean the key you find after the fire lock/haunt area, it's for the elevator lock in the first building, I think. I'm a little confused because the key names are different in german.

for those short on loot in the first mission, there'a another secret with loot.
    general area: look around in the private quarters

more explicit: you have to slash the carpet on the wall in the first room

slam: for your first question/how to get into the tower: you need the gallery key (hope that's the name in english), that you can find close to where you get the horn objecitve. To find the gallery go through the doors opposite to the "Saal X" and then into the right gate

shadows: you need to shoot a fire arrow at it. You can find fire arrows on the top of the tower in those white piles.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 7th Jul 2005 at 03:16.

1st part

I am stuck...
    spoiler:
    I have been in all part to big gate with big lever on other side, with entrance to fire lock on right side in small "garden". Entrance to fire lock is opened with first skull, that doesn't work on fire lock... I miss anoher one... I have been every rooftop, every climbable rock; 2 secrets found...
    Please help...

Many nice details...
    spoiler:
    "Closed due to high poly count..."
    or
    spoiler:
    the note in room climbed throught 2 windows...

pnowak: If I remember correctly it's the same skull. The fire lock doesn't work like a lock, I had to drop the skull on it, but also had to try several times. In part 2 you'll need two skulls.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 7th Jul 2005 at 04:25.

Thanks Snowcap. I have tried to do it several times and it didn't work... Now
    spoiler:
    I am exploring underground flooded tunnels
    - ohh this place is huge....

Btw. Snowcap - you are not from america aren't you ? Or you are playing 4 am ?

Is your skull named "skull of Yorick" or something similar? Then it should work. If not have a look behind the fireplace in the private quarters, second floor.

Unfortunately I have no savegame to look which skulls I used. But if you're already in the underground you should load an earlier save, because that's the latest part of the mission.

I'm from Munich, Germany, so it's already a little bit later here (same time as yours I guess)

Yes, thats
    spoiler:
    skull Yorick. I have tried unlock once more and it works now (necessary to place right in the middle)...

But loot is very tight...

Germany.. I think so, due to your notes...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 7th Jul 2005 at 05:13.

stuck again

Hi again taffers - need some more help (feel like a real plonker on this one!)

spoiler:
    I had a similar issue to the one raised earlier in this thread - when I placed Yorick's skull on the pedestal in part 1, the one obelisk moved to open up the area with the extra holy water etc. but the gate with the fire haunts behind did not open. Now I cannot remove Yorick's skull to try again without dying - simply touching the skull now kills me. I do have an earlier save game but this means going back to before I did a whole load of other stuff - e.g. the gem caves. Any ideas or alternative ways of getting the gate to open? Or do I even need to? Is there much behind there - I can see at least one fire elemental too... I have about 3500 loot.

Many thanks!

Kimberley: I've never been behind this gate and was able to finish this mission without a problem. Didn't someone mention there's nothing behind it?

Kimberley:
    spoiler:
    I have correctly revealed haunts and gate to lava doesn't open. Imho it's nothing there. When exploring gate borders, imho there it's not a suitable place to gate move...

I am 1100 short of loot. Pls help.
    spoiler:
    Is any big loot in flooded tunnels ??? I have found small gold statue and some coins - anything more ?

Wheres the old library

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    Minor bugs encountered...

spoiler:
    If you pick up the body of the archer near the tower and then drop it, you crash to desktop
    The same bug - works perfectly... Moreover when act very quickly (not to be seen by other archer) and press a lot of buttons => crash to desktop too...

hall x

Can someone help me with a clue on how to get into hall x.(the one thats blocked up) Please I gotta find the book.

Thanks

old library hint(you can't get there via the Hall x entrance): look for something to use the "hand" on in the room in the ground floor, which ist guarded by one guard. You can enter it from the garden, climbing over one hedge
    location of lock: behind the right cupboard

If you have problems in the old library: you have to use the hand again and slash a banner

The archer bug was supposed to be fixed in version 1.2, as far as I know(as well as the one gem that you can't reach in the gem cave, btw.). But I thought you all had this version anyway?

thanks

Got another bug:
    spoiler:
    when entering library, "green" man start run out of library, when entering after reload, man stand in the corner an now he is following me all the way I walk (like a shadow ).
    And when returning from bottom library the key+scroll is back on the ground...

AMAZING architecture, great work !!!
    Last edited by Aspirin; 7th Jul 2005 at 12:36.

Can I have a give-away answer? I can't find the old-library, or the hedge I'm supposed to jump over! I'm assuming it's in the large garden with all the hedges (and the entry to the H20 place).

Also, where's that blasted first skull (not the one in the well in the crypt, the other one)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast