TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

I'm bored with this one long ago .

Of course, I thought it was different building - found it but still miss about 800 loot and over 400 (got 4593) to meet the loot objective - and can't finish the mission! Is it possible to finish it on expert?
    Last edited by JacekA; 8th Jul 2005 at 05:06.

Untill we get a proper walkthrough or lootlist I'm going to give up on this one .

Ghost

Pirate Building

Can somebody please explicitly tell me where the "pirate building" is? I don't understand what "it's the big building with the drop gate" means, and I might not even have seen it.

Right now, I'm in the area where the guard and burrick patrol up and down, through the Watch Big Gate from the area with the pit covered by (now unlocked) doors. How do I get to the pirate building from here?

Thanks,

Dafydd

spoiler:
    The 'pirate building' is located beyond the huge metal door(s) and houses a large 'pirate' treasure chest.

The mushroom is BEHIND this building. You must manoeuver a bit to get there.
    Last edited by elfranche; 7th Jul 2005 at 20:32.

Nice Mission.....
    However I'm already stuck......I must be blind.....I can't seem to get passed the first section....
    Where's the key to the armoury? I found a clue, but still can't find it.
    HELP!!! Please!!

2nd part

Please, PLEASE
    spoiler:
    where is Hand of Glory ??? I have looked everywhere in archive and nothing... Don't know how to open iron grate. Found lever for tunnel to sleeping room....

Quote Originally Posted by yondanbrad

Nice Mission.....
    However I'm already stuck......I must be blind.....I can't seem to get passed the first section....
    Where's the key to the armoury? I found a clue, but still can't find it.
    HELP!!! Please!!
    spoiler:
    Key is VERY near of armoury door. However it is very high. Use rope...

Dafydd,

spoiler:
    The pirate building is the one opposite the 'door' - the one made up of 8 keeper doors - you know the ones with the keeper key symbol on it. The building can be id-ed by a white plaque that when frobbed tells you it was home to Captain Murdock. Inside the ground floor is a big pile of coal.

essanial and pnowak

spoiler:
    There's a wooden table next to a bookshelf with a candlestick - not the gold ones but the normal ones. frob this

youdanbrad

spoiler:
    You could use a rope arrow to get to the armory key, or you could get to Sir G's room and get it off where it is. there's a readable somewhere telling you the key's location

Lynx67

spoiler:
    Going into the gap with the trapdoor, will lead you to the monastary... eventually
    Last edited by shadows; 7th Jul 2005 at 21:12.

Ghost
    The pirate building is the one opposite the 'door' - the one made up of 8 keeper doors - you know the ones with the keeper key symbol on it. The building can be id-ed by a white plaque that when frobbed tells you it was home to Captain Murdock. Inside the ground floor is a big pile of coal.
    Oh, the burrick stable! That's what y'all are talking about.

Thanks, I now have all the stuff from the pirate treasure cache; it is, in fact, possible to get it all without having to slash the banner; but it's tricky. I had to keep grabbing, then save and slash to see what I was still missing, then reload and keep doing that.

So far, my only ghost bust on level one is that I couldn't help alerting the frogbeasts near the graves by the gem cave, both on the way in and on the way out. Other than that, I'm clean -- if you don't count the haunts going on alert when you operate the firelock, which I think may be scripted.

If you're being strict about it, I don't believe this mission is ghostable: you are never allowed to alert critters... and if the above event is not scripted but rather simply the normal reaction to the explosion of the firelock, then since that's one of the objectives, the mission is technically unghostable. But that's cutting it pretty darned fine.

However, I'm about to bust my ghost again, because I have no intention of spending the next eighty years scrabbling around for enough hidden loot to break through that 5000 kopec objective. I have 4263 derived from honest thieving, and I think I'm just going to jump through the trap door and shft-ctrl-alt-end to get to the next section.

Or... I have only 3 out of 0 secrets, and I thought somebody uptopic mentioned there were more. If anyone can post a list of secrets found, maybe I'll stick around enough to get those before heading to the next mission.

Thanks!

Dafydd

Secrets

I have got only 3 too:

spoiler:
    - graveyard with gems cave; btw. have you visited small cave above graveyard ? (secret in secret );

- room behind banner with carpet and ladder down...

- chest beneath 2 lifts;

any more ????????

There's some loot in Mission 1 in the underwater section, where you have to swim under the bits of what looks like a broken building but I haven't found a way to get it yet without drowning. It's tucked in behind a wall in the open space before you swim into the tunnel but I only have one breath potion and it's not enough to get the loot and then get out without drowning. There's a gold nugget, a jar and one of those gold statues (jars?). I got down in there by accident too early so I may come across another breath potion, at least I hope so, before I get to the end. I'm VERY glad this thread is here or I would be totally lost! This one is hard but fun.

I have 3 out of 0 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcap21
    The archer bug was supposed to be fixed in version 1.2, as far as I know(as well as the one gem that you can't reach in the gem cave, btw.). But I thought you all had this version anyway?
    How did you get version 1.2? The one on the german site and thiefmissions.com are 1.1.
    Last edited by shadows; 7th Jul 2005 at 22:13.

WTF

anyone tell me whythe hell i keep losing health on this map at random ??????.

And also can not see a way into the monastery any help here. Ive rope arrowed up on the wooden walk way but theres nothing up there but one guy and thats it.

The monastery is the least of your worries right now . If you have all of your loot , then head underground . The fourth secret is
    spoiler:
    on the ledge outside Mr. pirate wannabes lookout
    .I finally found the underwater loot . There are atleast three breath potions in the first part , sorry I'm not sure where they are .

done it

Ok done it all now on part one. i got all three breath postions as well . on to part2.

Plot hole and bug (and a couple questions)

A couple of things seen while playing this mission (and using the German walkthru + a langauge translation website to get me past problems...)

Plot hole:

spoiler:
    In the first mission, I simply whacked the trap door to the cave (leading to the exit) with my trusty sword, and reached the designated "exit" without completing all other goals (and I hadn't been to the temple area or the pirate area where the book told me not to do so). I basically got a "Objective completed", but it didn't click off on my objectives list (finding another way to the Monestary), and I got to walk around an area on top of a well surrounded by the null texture (hall of mirrors effect). Cool.

Bug:

spoiler:
    In the second mission, I had completed all other objectives before getting St. Gregor's skull. When I got the skull, although it said "new objectives" and the objective of going to the gorge appeared in the objectives list, 8 seconds later, the mission ended (presumably due to getting St. Gregor's skull). Fortunately, I had already tried going to the gorge and fought it's horrors (in a different session) so I recognized the door at the beginning of the third mission.

Bug:

(I also hit Lightningline's bug below - where in the first mission, you release the haunts in the temple, and the first time the "activate the firelock" objective didn't tick off, the second and third time I tried this sequence (different sessions), it did.)

Bug/Suggestion:

spoiler:
    In the third mission, the bars over the passage leading to the elevator and the bars over the "exit passage" below the building should be tied to the event of the rocks covering the entrance passage, NOT throwing the lever next to the passage leading to the elevator. This one confused me for a while - I looked here, it said "creep under a building", and I couldn't find it - because I wandered to that lever via the "back passage", wandered back when I didn't find an exit, and then looked it up here and couldn't find the exit. Eventually I figured it out.

This leads me to a question from the second mission given that I wasn't able to "complete it" properly:

spoiler:
    Near the temple that contains St. Gregor's skull is a vault room. I had gotten the vault key before and looted all the treasures in the front part of the room. In the back part of the room is another set of "cage grates" followed by a ladder going to a "holy font" with a plaque next to it. How do I get there?

- prjames

(Oh, and for the author's debugging, I was playing at easy level both missions given that I couldn't find more than 3200-3400 loot in Mission 1...)

And all this said, this is still a very good mission - complex architecture, and a lot of interesting ideas. One nice touch: I liked the elevators that wait a few seconds after you press the button before they move - very helpful.
    Last edited by prjames; 8th Jul 2005 at 00:35. Reason: (Add a couple more bugs and comments)

Fire lock Broke ????

OK all I need to do is more loot and make the fire lock work.

spoiler:
    I put the skull on the pedislel and the gate open and the haunts come out and many things happen , first time the activate fire key checked off and I killed the haunts and all of the sudden it wasnt checked off anymore and the gate closed..abother time I killed the haunts and went down the hall they came from and found an empty room with a switch that shut the doors and one on the wall that was backwards by the way...whats next ???? also both times the stone thing that moves revealing another room but doesnt move enough to be able to get in.
    I am at my wits end with this bugfest. I like it but this is crazy. Also when do I get the basement key ???

OK I got it but do I need to take the skulls with me...they kill me if I grab them even if I water arrow them ???
    Last edited by Lightningline; 8th Jul 2005 at 00:33.

Ghost

Underwater section of part 1?

Where is it? I haven't run across it, but it sounds like there is a lot of loot, which I sorely need!

Also, that fourth secret bdkl mentioned didn't check off as a secret for me (I still have only three). Is there something else other than the body, the purse, and the rope arrow?

Edit: Aha, found it: around the corner, same level as the spotlights, a toolchest with a breath potion and a moss arrow.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 8th Jul 2005 at 01:16.

part 2

ok i just found a door with two pedistolls either side of it and a corpse on the floor with a lock under it. How do i open this door ?????.

Ware is the gem caves..... I found two caves but there was only one gem I saw.
    spoiler:
    I found the cave behind the armory over some kind of garden (Climb the vine) and the one ya get to via the secret button under the stairs in back of the armory..there I found one gem.
    I am 1200 short. Help. I have already got
    spoiler:
    the big pirate stash and the basement stash and the stash in and below the room with the skull.

gem cave

part 2 again anyone know where the hand of glory is???. ive just read the note that is droped by someone that says im near it but unable to find it.

the gem cave is
    spoiler:
    the gem cave is where the frog beasts are, look on the floor behind a small bush .

Loth Soth, the hand is:

spoiler:
    In the archive, find a table with a ordinary candlestick and frob it. this will open the grate. the rest i am sure you'll figure out

hand of glory - I still don't get it, shadows

Quote Originally Posted by shadows

essanial and pnowak

spoiler:
    There's a wooden table next to a bookshelf with a candlestick - not the gold ones but the normal ones. frob this
    Shadows, thanks for your help. I would be lost without it.

spoiler:
    ok, I am up to the hot couldron through the tunnel with the masks. Now what? Can't put the book in the couldron or on the plaque on the floor with any effect. Where's the hand? Also what to do with the hand once I have it? How to access the vault behind the grate?

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    Shadows, thanks for your help. I would be lost without it.

spoiler:
    ok, I am up to the hot couldron through the tunnel with the masks. Now what? Can't put the book in the couldron or on the plaque on the floor with any effect. Where's the hand? Also what to do with the hand once I have it? How to access the vault behind the grate?
    The same for me - thanks.

spoiler:
    Couldron - use water...

With hand you can unlock some secret doors somewhere else in mission...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast