TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Ruin 1

spoiler:
    Where can I find the key for the lock to the grate which leads to what looks like a shrine area. This is near where the two elevators are.

2.part

This part is really incredible - 5:44 hours and
    spoiler:
    no St.Gregor's skull and no Horn and 1300 missing loot...

The best FM for long time... imho better maps then T2X.

Rastas:

spoiler:
    you'll enter this area from other side. Proceed in another parts...

Blimey!

Is it me? Should I be embarrassed, or is this just an unreasonably difficult fm?

I need some more help!

spoiler:
    I now have the hand of glory but can't find anywhere to use it. I have been out the window of the drawing room but appear to require two skulls to get through the final large door (I haven't even found one yet!). Elsewise I have been everywhere else, bar the back part of the vault which is inaccessible due to an immovable grate..

Can anyone give a clue please?

Missing a key in Pt. 1. I haven't found the Basement key. I've been pretty much everywhere, used the skull on a lock and then a pedestal and got into the room behind the obelisk. Picked up the lift key which took me to a room I'd already been in before (You can get up there using boxes to climb on the roof of the building with the controls for the big gate.) but still no basement key. Spoilers would be welcome as I'd like to finish up this one and move on to the next. Great fun so far! I'm still short a bit on loot, too, so that may be a problem too. Playing on Expert, by the way, if that makes any difference.

Alright, I'm at the end of part 2, all other objectives are checked off. I am in the gorge, and have
    spoiler:
    placed the skulls on the 2 stands, but I cannot unlock the lock under the body. Is there a special key for this? If so, what is it called and where do I find it.
    And thanks to those who offered me some help earlier when I couldn't figure out how to get into the tower, and finding the "book". I searched that old church up and down and sideways, I can't believe I didn't see it the first time.

essaniael: yes, this FM is very tight.

spoiler:
    Hand of Glory: find room with one man standing at door and look inside everywhere; the second use of Hand is in Hall X...
    Vault: Back part of is accessible without any special key or tool - check vault carefully...

Nightwalker: first of all it's for me a honor to try to help you - big FM know-how guru...

spoiler:
    I'm not sure about position of basement key. I think it's the key from room behind haunts - lift key ?

Although tight FM, it is excellent work, huge places, a lot to explore, many fine made details
    spoiler:
    (the note about high poly )
    , well made architecture, huge "rooftop" exploring possibilities (part 2.).

If the lift key is the basement key then that objective didn't tick off when I picked it up, so I may be stuck. Can anyone else confirm if that's the key for that objective?

Thanks for the help, pnowak and, trust me, I get stuck all the time and have to ask for help. These forums are great because everyone gets to co-operate and help each other to finish up tough missions like these ones seem to be.

Nightwalker,

spoiler:
    I can't remember which is the basement key, but i know i have 8 keys in total (including the skull). It maybe the key that is labeled '???' it's a grey key and i think it's found when you climb up the ladder in Sir G's place. The key is placed right in the opening as you emerge from the ladder.
    Last edited by shadows; 8th Jul 2005 at 12:00.

1st part keys:

spoiler:
    Lift, armory, gate 2nd enbankment, trapdoor over gap, ???, watch big gate, private - only 7 and my "basement key" objectives is ticked.

Why is it that sometimes the hardest things to find are right infront of our eyes. Finally found the key for the giant green door
    spoiler:
    it's a good thing I didn't trip over it and knock myself unconscious!
    HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    essaniael: yes, this FM is very tight.

spoiler:
    Hand of Glory: find room with one man standing at door and look inside everywhere; the second use of Hand is in Hall X...
    Vault: Back part of is accessible without any special key or tool - check vault carefully...
    Hmm, I think I may have killed everyone already! Can you therefore be specific about which door/room one man was standing at?
    spoiler:
    Also, I can find nowhere in Hall x to use the hand. There is a big rock in there and little else.

Thanks.

e
    Last edited by essaniael; 8th Jul 2005 at 12:16.

I must have encountered some sort of bug because I have all the keys you listed, pnowak! Thanks for checking. I'll go through the doors in the ground and just use "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End" to go on to the next mission. I'll be playing this one again so maybe it will work next time through.

Rostvogel is currently working on a new version of this mission.

Thanks for that information, fibanocci. I'll wait until the next version is released to play through again. Would you be kind enough to let us know when it's ready for download? Also, if he's working on fixes, perhaps you could tell him that the key for the trapdoor over the gap that is in the box keeps reappearing if you close the box lid and reopen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I must have encountered some sort of bug because I have all the keys you listed, pnowak! Thanks for checking. I'll go through the doors in the ground and just use "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End" to go on to the next mission. I'll be playing this one again so maybe it will work next time through.
    I have encountered a lot of minor bugs (crash to dektop, flying doors, etc...) - see thread... And Nightwalker, second part is better than first - enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci
    Rostvogel is currently working on a new version of this mission.
    Fibanocci, I have encoutered a lot of minor bugs. If you want to get it without going through thread - let me know, but pls asap - my brain lost information quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by essaniael
    Hmm, I think I may have killed everyone already! Can you therefore be specific about which door/room one man was standing at?
    spoiler:
    Also, I can find nowhere in Hall x to use the hand. There is a big rock in there and little else.
    spoiler:
    First floor, small courtyard (FM started here), doors to store, one door to WC, another one to corridor, from corridor one leave long corridor down to main gate (and doors to Hall X, and stairs to rooftop); second doors lead to corridor with carpet and door to Store I think (on the left is small fountain) - that's the room !

In Hall X there look below altair in water and look everywhere...

I still havent found the gem mines....way short on loot.
    spoiler:
    I was told look by the frog beasts
    but I havent even seen
    spoiler:
    any frog beasts
    . I am so screwed. I dont want to cheat. Help !!!

gem mine

the gem mine is near some frog beast's, well it was when i played it. ok try this its near a ladder that breaks if you try and climb down it, that any better.

And it is deffo down there.

Nope...dont ring a bell either..why dont you please just tell me how to get there (to the mines) from the armory. I really lack the enthusiasem to look any more. I have been over and over this map for hours with very little progress, just a little loot now and then.

LighteningLine

spoiler:
    You need to open the 'unopenable' door in the room with the 6 red barrels of explosive. Do this by going underneath the stairs in the other room, there is a button recessed underneath one of the steps, underneath the stairs - where the cross marking on the ground. The rest you can figure out

Lightningline

Don't give up. I've just found it.

spoiler:
    This is part 1 right. In the building where the the armoury is go round the back, assuming the AI is dead or disabled, go in the door at the back and go under the stone steps. Look from where there is a cross on the ground and frob the switch. Go through the doorway that has opened in the next room and follow the passage to a garden. There is a rocky bit that you can mantle onto with a lighted mushroom on the top.Follow a new passage you find until you get to a cemetery. Get down there and look around and watch for the frog. Go down another little passage into a room with lots of gems.

Go on. Have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    How did you get version 1.2? The one on the german site and thiefmissions.com are 1.1.
    Sorry, I thought Rostvogel had released it already, but he seems to work on it. I'm still playing vers. 1.0, which has a few more bugs than yours, but I'm waiting for the next vers. to play this mission again! Btw. fibanocci has already made a post in the german thief forum about the bugs so I hope Rostvogel will take care of them.

I have been up there...all I find is a rooftop and a fence with a note about a high polycount. What am I missing ???

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast