TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Lightningline: you are near.
    spoiler:
    Follow rock path from that note and find small tunnel... More detail: when leaving main tunnel and on the left there is the polycount note, go to right ...

First part is training only. Prepare for second one ! I am over 7 hours of playing there and still no end...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 8th Jul 2005 at 15:32.

Some people might find that turning off weather and fogging will help them explore and find things better, as things can be easier obscured.

Breathing Potions?

I've only found 1 breathing potion and I really need help locating the
    other 2 as stated in a previous post. Spoiler please. I'm down in the
    water that leads to the monastery. Playing on Expert in mission no 1.
    Thanks

coreyb2: you can find another breath potion in a secret after you have met the "pirate" Sir G. leave through the window(s) with the wooden beams above. Don't jump down but go left (direction to the "2.wall") above the big gate, jump over a little gap and there it is
    Last edited by snowcap21; 8th Jul 2005 at 17:55.

I only found 2 breath potions. I don't know where one of them came from but I think the other one was in the tool box secret mentioned earlier in this thread. It's on a ledge beside the one with the spotlights mounted on it, near the fence that Rupert is impaled on.

I THINK I finished. I found just 3g. over the 5000 but that objective didn't tick off. Neither did the basement key objective. I'm presuming that when I climb the ladder out of the sewers to a round piece of ground with a tree on it that I'm where the mission is supposed to end? I know where 100g. of what I missed is but the rest is a mystery to me. I made a loot list while I played so if anyone wants it, just email me. At least it has enough on it to complete the loot requirement for Expert.

I've now been able to add another 100g. to the list, thanks to another player. There are 5 coins tucked in up against the wall near Rupert's body. They're in a "V" where the fence comes up against the wall and very hard to get near enough to spot.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Jul 2005 at 12:10.

Thankyou pnowak ...I missed the small cave way up. Now I can get out of here, I know how to do that but I couldnt end the game because I still lacked loot.

Well I guess I have to start over - because I
    spoiler:
    went down in the tunnels (through the trap door) before I finshed the other objectives and can only go 2 ways I can tell. Either to the red pool you jump down the wall steps (and I can't go back up again) or go out the tunnel to the finish. I'm just thinking right now of shft+cntrl+alt+end to finish this level...our jump in Dromed to make sure...

I mighta missed another way - but it could frustrate other players like me getting stuck....

Cool fm though...

Quote Originally Posted by slam
    Why is it that sometimes the hardest things to find are right infront of our eyes. Finally found the key for the giant green door
    spoiler:
    it's a good thing I didn't trip over it and knock myself unconscious!
    HAHAHA
    Pls slam, where is the key ? Your note is a little bit puzzle...

OOPS !!!!! I have found it...

UFFFF !! Finished 2nd part... 7:47 hours, 8 secrets...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 8th Jul 2005 at 16:42.

Garrettwannabe

It is very slow and hard but I was able to place a rope arrow just right and sloooowly climb up the cave wall and climb out of the trap doors. I did save though before going down, I always save before going someplace dangerous. But I did do it anyhow to see if it could be done before posting this.

I love a challenge and this mission pack seems good so far but I havent seen nothing yet. So I am told.
    Missions I love it !!

Unless I missing sumptin...once you get all the way down to
    spoiler:
    to the red pool - he's got no wood in the cave walls to put me arrow in...

I'll just start over and now know not to go down there until I'm finished. I have to think someone would have caught this in a beta test of the level - but maybe not. IMO, the key for the trap door should only be given when the last obj ticks off or open the Dromed file and put some wood stakes or something on the walls in case of dudes like me..haha

Downloaded

Thank you!

Garrett wannabe >>>>Noooo...there is wood...look up .The platform around the doors you droped down from...yes...is is wood !!!! As long as you are not standing in the the water you can shoot a rope arrow into it. I know...I was able to climb out. It is hard and slow to climb up the wall to grab the rope, just hold down the up button...you will climb but it may be better than starting over. Good luck.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 8th Jul 2005 at 18:09.

loot objective: one of the bugs of version 1.0 was that the loot objective didn't tick off (you only needed 4000 then so it wasn't that hard to find as now) but it was supposed to be fixed in vers. 1.1.. Think I'll better report it in the german forum, maybe Rostvogel can have a look at it. Is Nightwalker the only one who found enough loot to notice that it doesn't check off?

@pnowak: do you have a loot list for the 2.mission? I was never able to collect enough loot there to finish it properly.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 8th Jul 2005 at 18:15.

I gotta hand it to ya..

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    spoiler:
    First floor, small courtyard (FM started here), doors to store, one door to WC, another one to corridor, from corridor one leave long corridor down to main gate (and doors to Hall X, and stairs to rooftop); second doors lead to corridor with carpet and door to Store I think (on the left is small fountain) - that's the room !
    Thanks for your tenacity and patience with me, pnowak!

spoiler:
    The only room there by the fountain is the store room itself, containing a brown chest with a water arrow. Nothing in there on which to use the hand. Neither is there anything on which to use the hand in the corridor.

Am on my way down to hall x again now...

essaniael: look behind the right cupboard in the store room

Pleas hand it to me, pnowak!

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    spoiler:
    In Hall X there look below altair in water and look everywhere...
    Hang on, there is not altar in Hall X, neither any water.

Are you taffing me?

e

Quote Originally Posted by snowcap21
    essaniael: look behind the right cupboard in the store room
    Got it!

Thanks.

e

In the hidden library

Phew, this is slow going!

spoiler:
    Am now in the secret library behind Hall X. Is there anything to do/get in here other than a couple of fire arrows?

essaniael,

spoiler:
    Yes. Look for a lock, which will open something

Give-away spoiler

spoiler:
    Go underneath the bridge and unlock the handshaped lock with the hand of glory, which will open a panel behind one of the banners.

Ah, the book!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    essaniael,

spoiler:
    Go underneath the bridge and unlock the handshaped lock with the hand of glory, which will open a panel behind one of the banners.
    Ah, Got it! Thanks!

spoiler:
    Now I apparently require the two skulls in order to get through the large door in the gorge. Can you help me with those? I have found a seal and the tombs of some saints but no skulls.

we need an english walkthrough

Like I said we need an English walkthrough. There is 2 in german in the zip file and I have used http://www.altavista.com/help/free/f...archbox_transl to interpret some of it but it will only do a small ammount at a time and it still dont make lots of sense. These missions are huge and it may take some time.

Ruined

Hello you Taffers,

I need a little help. I've accomplished all the objectives in RuinedII, except the one for Pater Inginius gold head. Can someone help me. I went in a room with some water and jumped in and swam? all the way to garden, but no head. Please help???

Hope Vincent

English help

G'day all - not here very often, but have finished this great FM on easy. I usually do this to check out the "lay of the land" then go back through on expert. Got nearly all the loot and passed all objectives - but secrets marked incorrectly eg: 7 of 0 found etc.

I had to use the german walkthru several times.

I use Firefox for web browsing and a plugin on the Firefox site to translate from German to English.

This is how I did it: Extract the German walkthru.txt file. Start Firefox and open the extracted text page, go up to tools on Firefox and click translate page. This will take you to a box where you can paste ALL the copied text from the german walkthru. Click translate from German to English. The LITERAL (word for word - doesn't correct grammar) translation appears in the bottom box. Copy and paste ALL text to a new notepad document and save.

Now German has a different form of grammar structure to english and some sections will be a bit obscure - but it does work for me. Also there will be no formatting and all paragraphs are run into each other.

Level 1 - was the hardest. Level 2 - was also hard but after working out Level 1 and the designers thought patterns and placement of objects it went smoothly. Level 3 was only about half an hour to complete ( large area, but fairly straight forward to go thru - I didn't need any hints or the walkthru for it.

Now to try it on expert !!

"Congrats and Good Work" to the level designer. Can't wait for more from him/her.

teemac.

Help Stuck with skull

I'm on Pt 1 and have the skull but where do I use It

Where to use skull in part 1

uhai -
    spoiler:
    after going throught the big 8 part gate on the right just after the starting area - go past burrick stables - thru zig zag passage to area leading to monastry front gates - turn right into first garden cutout thru hedge and creep up over rock behind hedge - duck and creep along behind hedge - climb up over rock to right and you will see a golden skull inset into the rock wall at back of area - use skull and underground area opens up.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast