TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Thanks

Thanks Teemac .Found it

snowcap21: I have no loot list for part 2. The same for me - I have used ctrl+alt+shift+end by green door...

essaniael: solved in meantime...

Hope Vincent: I am not sure I think Ignitius skull
    spoiler:
    is in Well of oblivion, remove part of wall behind seat in the end of corridor in 2nd floor and proceed to well; you'll need a key - it is near in chapel (or what is it...)

3rd part finished - it's a piece of cake... only 40 minutes...
    Excellent series, I am looking forward to another mission of this author.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 9th Jul 2005 at 05:20.

Good missions, and I've had some... interesting experience reading Babelfishified walkthroughs in order to get past some sticky bits.

All hail the "Hand of Fame"!

Finished and thanks!

Just finished Mission III and wanted to say thanks! This was a great mission -difficult but hugely enjoyable. Thanks to Rostfogel - fantastic work - and thanks too to all the taffers who helped me on my way.

Can someone lead me through this bit.

Part 1
    spoiler:
    Used Yorrik to open a door in the garden with the skull lock. Now in a room with pool of lava and pedestal with a skull on and something dripping down from above. Have jumped across using the box, picked up the skull that is resting there and replaced it with Yorrik. Nothing happens.

spoiler:
    There is a haunt behind a gate. CanI kill him first with some holy water
    ?

Thanks

marycwmbach

spoiler:
    Put skull onto pedestal - doors open... Sometimes necessary to try more times... then run into shadow. Haunts start walking around - then you can kill them with holy water.

pnowak

Thanks.
    spoiler:
    Put skull onto pedestal. Yorrik now floating in the air. One door has opened. Picked up key and holy water from table. The gate with the haunt behind doen't open. Killed him throw the bars. Do I have to retrieve Yorrik.

What is the fire arrow for

spoiler:
    I can return to the outside near the two lifts

marycwmbach

spoiler:
    If haunts don't walk out, so it's better - don't waste holy water...
    Leave yorik skull ...
    Gate could be open - try unlock it. Lock is near ....

pnowak

Thank you can now proceed to towards the last bit of Part 1

Ruin 2

Well of Oblivion

spoiler:
    I've found the door. But where is the key. Ignasious skull is my final objective. Have been right through the chapel, librarys and archives no key found will fit this door.

door in part two that I cannot find key for, missed 1000+ loot too.

hello taffers,

there was a locked door in the monastery in part 2 that has the skin of the hammerite priest quarters (thief tdp). Not mechanist door style, and outside the windows you could see rocks/mountain etc. It was in a short hallway that had a mechanist style door on each end. Hope this is not too vague. Never found a key for it, what is in there and where is the key.? Found 5 of 0 secrets, so I assume I got them all. Fun fm, nice design and weather effects. Lightning/thunder in part 1 scared the s#*t out of me, unexpected.

Anyplace that is really easy to miss for the loot.? Just wondering as I was trying to find all of it.

Thanks, part 3 is interesting, just trying to stay out of sight and finish.

Kudos to the author.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

rastas: the key you need is in the chapel with the watcher: rope arrow up to one of the beams(can't remember which one), there's a switch.

safriend: can you explain the position of door in detail ? Which floor (1/2), what's near etc...
    Btw. I have found 8 secrets...

Can't play that 2nd level - got mega-choppiness even after I restarted my puter, blackjacked lot-o-AI's, and turned off weather and ect. Also, Thief 2 keeps crashing to desktop when I do a quick save, which is weird as I've never seen a FM do that before....

It ran fine for the beginning of the level - then 1/2 way (or what I'm guessing is halfway) it started slowing down. Makes me think it's some time of memory usage or leak issue, but all I have to do is go back to the original missions (or T2X or Calendras) and Thief will run fine....

edit: just level skipped to 3rd and it started running fine - must be too much going on in the 2nd level...
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 9th Jul 2005 at 14:22.

Haven't seen an answer to this, hope I'm not being boring but,

spoiler:
    After finding chest below the two lifts, went to the bottom and up a ramp to another lift. This went to a pirates room with a key in a box etc.. After saving, I coshed the pirate in the gateway that was open and went to the bottom of the steps where there was a switch floating. Does anything happen if pressed. Having retraced my steps through the gateway with great dificulty is there is anything here. The pirate if left to go down the stairs, drops down dead.

I am on Part 1.

Yikes Help. This is some FM.

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Haven't seen an answer to this, hope I'm not being boring but,

spoiler:
    After finding chest below the two lifts, went to the bottom and up a ramp to another lift. This went to a pirates room with a key in a box etc.. After saving, I coshed the pirate in the gateway that was open and went to the bottom of the steps where there was a switch floating. Does anything happen if pressed. Having retraced my steps through the gateway with great dificulty is there is anything here. The pirate if left to go down the stairs, drops down dead.

I am on Part 1.

Yikes Help. This is some FM.
    The player apparently isn't supposed to go this way.

Garrettwannabe: I had the same problem with slowing down (with T2X too !). Restart of Thief eventually PC restart helped. Had never problem with crash when quicksave..

OK - what the hell are your supposed to do next on the 3rd level where
    spoiler:
    the tree beasts have been let out and the rocks dropped to block your way back? I got some rope arrows, but can't see anyplace to stick em....or anyplace to go to get out.

edit: nevermind all it was earlier in the postings -
    spoiler:
    you go under a building without a door next to the lava after you raise a gate in that building above...just in case someone else runs into this one...

And the 2nd level is just unplayable for me and crashes all the time (I finished the 3rd though with no problemas although) - but makes me wonder if they clicked on that lil "Optimize" selection in Dromed or just have too much going on in the level....
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 9th Jul 2005 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe
    spoiler:
    you go under a building without a door next to the lava after you raise a gate in that building above...just in case someone else runs into this one...
    spoiler:
    So no getting across that bridge and into the tower then?

Calibrator

I'll go back to the lifts then. Can I keep the key and booty?

Getting out - part 3

Qyestion:
    spoiler:
    Hmm. Well, I got into the tower, but how to get out again!? Is there some way to make a bridge after descending the rope?

Bug:
    spoiler:
    After getting Ignatius' skull the mission automatically ended before I went to the gorge.

Another bug:
    spoiler:
    After getting Gregory's skull, my pace was irreversibly slowed down for the rest of that mission.

essaniael:

part 3:
    spoiler:
    try to shoot something with some arrow ...

more help:
    spoiler:
    search top of the tower carefully...

Part 2 is full of minor bugs. Fortunately nothing fatal but Garrettwannabe's crashing.

spoiler:
    Both skulls are heavy, so your moving speed is slowing down... try to drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    essaniael:

part 3:
    spoiler:
    try to shoot something with some arrow ...

more help:
    spoiler:
    search top of the tower carefully...

Ahhh, finally - the end!

I must admit that I didn't really want it to end, despite all the in-game consternation!

Thanks to everyone for the tips and solutions.

And thanks to the authors for a super FM.

e

marycwmbach: I think you're not supposed to go down there, only let the pirate/Sir G. leave and then the gate should close, but I'm not sure. Maybe the switch was put there to lift the gate again if you accidently go down there, but it doesn't work for me/does nothing I'd noticed. So I suggest you simply go on - and perhaps explore a bit outside the window.

edit: just noticed, that I'm far to late

Thanks Snowcap,

Haven't really done much since. Will go back a couple of saves and do as you suggest.

Mary.

essaniael You clever thing you. I won't finish for ages yet.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast