TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruined T2 FM July 5/05

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    safriend: can you explain the position of door in detail ? Which floor (1/2), what's near etc...
    Btw. I have found 8 secrets...
    Pnowak, I believe the door he is referring to is on what they are calling the 1st floor.
    spoiler:
    It is talked about in a note you find from Rupert to Garret in a chest at the end of a hallway under a banner that has a hidden room behind it, at the begining of mission 2. Rupert describes it as being on the 1st floor just N. of the stairs, you actually have to climb the stairs to the 2nd floor to get to it and although the key is missing "Garret should be able to find another way in". I believe it is part of Asparagus's suite of rooms. There is also a locked door (mech door) at the entry adjacent to the particular hall he is talking about. The door he is talking about is the 1st door on the left as you enter the hall and it has a bluish skin on it with a very busy pattern.

I've been all over and I can't find another way in to the rooms either. Garret may be able to find another way in but Stormtokes having a hell of a time with it . I believe I need to get in there to fulfill my loot requirement. Any help would be appreciated.

Stormtoke:
    spoiler:
    if you are talking about door in hall with stairs and many doors (1st floor to kitchen, garden, corridor; 2nd floor to sleeping room, two corridors, third corridor and locked one door) - yes thats door to Asparagus suite... To find a way in search carefully crates down in the library...

Quote Originally Posted by pnowak
    Stormtoke:
    spoiler:
    if you are talking about door in hall with stairs and many doors (1st floor to kitchen, garden, corridor; 2nd floor to sleeping room, two corridors, third corridor and locked one door) - yes thats door to Asparagus suite... To find a way in search carefully crates down in the library...

Thanks alot pnowak, you're certainly the resident life saver on this FM for sure! Now if I could trouble you for 1 more item.
    spoiler:
    I Hauled those heavy skulls all the way down to the big door and lo and behold it would appear that I need a key also. I have 10 keys with me but none of them seem to be the right one. Can you tell me what I need to finish this part 2. All my other objectives are fulfilled. It also appears the guy I was supposed to meet here didn't survive the trip.
    I think maybe Garret should go back to remedial lock picking school so he wouldn't have to search for all these keys. About the only thing left he can pick the locks on are the chests. Once he loses that ability I suppose he'll just leave his lock picks at home and bring a big mallet along to bash down the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    I'm precisely where you are . On a retry the gate opened ( not sure what happened the first time ) , out come the haunts , and nothing behind the gate but an empty room with a switch on the inside and a backwards button on the outside . I went to the end of the mission and found one gold nugget , then tried reloading an earlier save to find about 80 more loot . This is very fustrating .
    I didn't mean to shine you on bdk. I missed your reply. I never did find enough loot to finish on expert so I went on to part 2 and switched to a different difficulty setting and managed to find enough in the 2nd part to finish. Some of this "loot" gets so hard to find I've been considering giving up the thieving business and trying to get a day job !

Having a blast so far, this mission is right up my alley.

However:

Help! I am stuck in a room in part I:

spoiler:

I am in the room in the attic (of the building where the armory is) where you find the Skull of Yorick in the location behind the fireplace.

I could not open the door to this room because I couldn't find the key, but I was able to enter it by climbing onto that center "beam" from another room and dropping into the room from above.

Anyway, the point is: now I cannot get out. I cannot find a key or switch to open the door, and it seems to be impossible to get back onto that center "beam" because the ceiling is too low to jump onto it.

Am I missing something? Was I supposed to get a key somewhere? Did I enter this room in the wrong way?

One thing I may have done is wrong is that I bashed in the wooden door that is in the adjacent room to where I am stuck. When I got in this room, I saw the keeper/thief running away and eventually got his note at the end of the hall. It was here that I found a wooden plank that allowed me to climb onto this center section. Now I'm wondering if I was supposed to find a key for that wooden door (which also opened the hammer door) ....

Update: Nevermind, I figued it out. I had to restore from an earlier save, as there was a key I forgot to pickpocket from a guard a knocked out.

But just for future reference (so no one else will make this same mistake), I'll explain about how I got into this "area" without the key the first time.

spoiler:

The area I am referring to is the "private" quarters of Sir G. located in the same building as the armory. The key to enter this area is being carried by one of the guards in the building. However, I forgot to grab this key off him when I Koed him.

Anyway, I was able to enter this area *without* the key by going into the garden area, and then rope-arrowing over to the small valley on the right (with the red mushrooms). From there, I was able to rope arrow again and then fall directly onto the edge of the window of these private quarters.

As soon as I entered the building and approached the private door , the objective ticked off. Then I climbed up to the attic. There is a hammer door there which requires the "private" key to open. However, you can still get into the room by climbing up on the center "beam" and dropping into it from above. But then, without the key -- you are stuck inside -- as I was.

Last edited by elkston; 10th Jul 2005 at 00:10.

I'm totally stuck on Mission 2, partly because none of my objectives will check off. The loot total one doesn't even show up! I'm missing at least one key. Can someone tell me where to find the Gallery Key? I saw a post that you find it somewhere near where you get the Horn objective but I have no idea where that was. I think I've only found 2 secrets, too. Pathetic! Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    I'm totally stuck on Mission 2, partly because none of my objectives will check off. The loot total one doesn't even show up! I'm missing at least one key. Can someone tell me where to find the Gallery Key? I saw a post that you find it somewhere near where you get the Horn objective but I have no idea where that was. I think I've only found 2 secrets, too. Pathetic! Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello Nightwalker,

spoiler:
    I believe you find that key hidden behind a wall trophy in the room next to where the guards are sleeping in their beds. I think it must be the head guards room. I can't remember exactly how you move the trophy but I don't recall it being to tough to find. Unlike many other things in this FM

Thanks very much. I've just picked it up. I'm having problems because besides my objectives not checking off, I'm not getting notification of new objectives, etc. No one else seems to be having these problems so I presume it's specific to my computer somehow. *sigh* Oh, well. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Well, I finally finished, at least I think I did. None of my objectives ticked off but I think I fulfilled them all except the loot objective. I was a little bit short of the 6000 on that. Mission 3 wouldn't end either, though the objectives were checking off. I chose not to try to kill the monsters so I suspect maybe that wasn't really optional? Anyway, excellent missions and I will play them again soon, despite my problems with Mission 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtoke
    Thanks alot pnowak, you're certainly the resident life saver on this FM for sure! Now if I could trouble you for 1 more item.
    spoiler:
    I Hauled those heavy skulls all the way down to the big door and lo and behold it would appear that I need a key also. I have 10 keys with me but none of them seem to be the right one. Can you tell me what I need to finish this part 2. All my other objectives are fulfilled. It also appears the guy I was supposed to meet here didn't survive the trip.
    spoiler:
    The key is near the big door. Search the ground carefully...
    The mission didn't end for me when unlocking door (out of loot). I am sure it's end because 3rd part begins behing the big door...

Ruin 2

spoiler:
    Con someone tell me the entrance to the Gorge section of the map please.

Ruin 1

Do you need to

spoiler:
    carry a box with you when you swing accross into the pipe. Only after going into the with dead archer underneath ( didn't pick him ) there is a
    bit that needs mantling up.

Sorry Rastus cannot answer your question yet.

Yes that was the thing to do. Onto Part 2.

Thanks to all for your help in Part 1.

Very engrossing, very enjoyable. Loved it.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 10th Jul 2005 at 06:13.

I chose not to try to kill the monsters so I suspect maybe that wasn't really optional?
    The fiery treebeasts are killed rather easily, though the hint is not too obvious.
    spoiler:
    There's a bunch of gas arrows near where you open the grate. If you take them before operating the 1st lever (i.e. before the gang arrives) you can patiently wait for them to kill off the humans and then take 'em out from a safe place. If you're lucky, one arrow does it all

Well, I must say this mission will go down as one of my favourites. It had everything I think a well designed mission should have, eg: new objectives that unexpectedly appear when reading a scroll, secrets, zombies, fiery haunts, separate parts(as in part one, two and three), puzzling clues that make you think. But best of all, a whole bunch of wonderful people out there who are willing to try and help out another member when we are stuck. It took me 5 1/2 hrs. to get through this mission, I ended up with 9000+ in loot (I know I missed some) and I found 8 secrets. On a scale of 1 to 10, I personally would have to rate this mission a 9.

Ghost

Mission 2 -- Loot, loot, loot!

In mission 2, I have all the objectives except loot (and of course the Gorge objective); I have only 5160, and I need 6000 to graduate. I have 7 out of 0 secrets, but that may be cumulative from the previous mission... I don't think I actually found seven secrets in mission 2 alone.

Also, I dropped my two gold skulls down the chute where the note told me to do, but I have no idea where to find them now. Did I screw up by believing the note?

Need some help on the loot and where I can pick up my skulls, please!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Thanks very much. I've just picked it up. I'm having problems because besides my objectives not checking off, I'm not getting notification of new objectives, etc. No one else seems to be having these problems so I presume it's specific to my computer somehow. *sigh* Oh, well. I'll keep plugging away at it.
    Maybe some problem with your installation, perhaps a file missing?

I had a similar problem with another mission, could neither finish it nor get killed. Regardless of the mission or the original game.

Turned out that the CONVICT.OSM was missing from the Thief 2 directory! All other files were there, though. After reinstalling this file everything went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    In mission 2, I have all the objectives except loot (and of course the Gorge objective); I have only 5160, and I need 6000 to graduate. I have 7 out of 0 secrets, but that may be cumulative from the previous mission... I don't think I actually found seven secrets in mission 2 alone.

Also, I dropped my two gold skulls down the chute where the note told me to do, but I have no idea where to find them now. Did I screw up by believing the note?

Need some help on the loot and where I can pick up my skulls, please!
    This mission is fairly big - remember the small round room with 4 red curtains and a door behind each one?

You should have a key for the leftmost door by now, at least if you gave the head priest a "visit". I think he can be found at the cistern.

Explore from there!

Calibrator: I'm not sure what chute you are talking about, but you
    spoiler:
    need the skulls when you get down to the large green door at the gorge.
    If you find that Garrett moves too slowly while the skulls are in his possession, just drop them in a safe place where you can retrieve them later. As for the loot, I can't be much help there except,
    spoiler:
    did you find the gems on you rway through the passage that leads to Asparagus' room? And don't forget to slash wall banners.

Oops!! Meant for my reply to be directed to Dafydd not Calibrator. Sorry.

Rastas: entrance to
    spoiler:
    the gorge section - see Calibrator answer about where to pick skulls...

Dafydd, Calibrator:
    spoiler:
    I have found scroll about where to drop skull inside room in gorge beneath small opening... Scroll drops itself - Please,where is the other side of the opening ?
    Don't care I found it...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 10th Jul 2005 at 11:09.

SECRETS 2nd part:

Whoever doesn't want to know more and find it on his own, don't read this...
    I forgot where there was all 8 secrets. Can we complete list ?

spoiler:
    1. small room with crates behind banner near Store room.
    2. tunnel to Asparagus suite behind crates in archive library (? secret)
    3. hidden door entrance behind wall stones
    4. on the way to gorge, after stairs to left (gorge to right) down and through hole into small service room with ladder to main entrance corridor
    5. back part of vault - small room above holy fountain
    6. place with scroll - possibility to drop skull into chute
    7. ??? hidden corridor from kitchen to eating room
    8. ???

My "secrets":
    spoiler:
    Have you traveled from above gorge over rock top to monastery rooftop ? Beautifull view over garden...
    There is a some gem above Horn in tower. Have anybody got it ???
    Have you visit small cave by travelling along lava river ?
    Do you know tunnel to Asparagus suite is reachable without Archive secret ?
    Have you visited the area outside monastery in the front of main gate (there is even patrolling 2 guards and burricks... )?
    Rupert hiding place...

This FM is absolutely "must have". I love it

I hope my english isn't so bad... I usually forget to use this "a" "the" and sometime don't know the right word...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 10th Jul 2005 at 12:27.

skull of Saint Gregory

O.k., I have the skull,
    spoiler:
    now how do I get out of the niche? I restarted and got a box, but I still couldn't get out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron
    O.k., I have the skull,
    spoiler:
    now how do I get out of the niche? I restarted and got a box, but I still couldn't get out.
    You have to jump & wiggle a bit. Its a bit too cramped but it is doable. I had to drop the skull temporarily to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron
    O.k., I have the skull,
    spoiler:
    Get rid of it. You can pick it up later.

I've been hesitant to read this thread thoroughly through so I wouldn't spoil anything, despite the spoiler tags. I'm dying to play this FM, but noticed that a patched version is in the works. Can anyone give an update on that? When is a fixed version to be expected? I'd obviously rather play that my first time round, if it is expected shortly!

Ooh! A new, and by all accounts magnificient FM. I can't wait!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast