TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Paladine manor

Paladine manor

It's an old Fm of DP2.

I have 3105/3180.... and, I search, I search where is the rest !

If anyone have an idea, I would be releaved. Thank you

Welcome to the forums! I just checked my saves for this one and I have the exact same total you do so there's either a very well hidden item somewhere or a mistake in the loot total, which does happen sometimes.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Jul 2005 at 10:39.

Wow. You mean you keep the savegames from every single FM you've played?

Pretty much, as well as lots of alpha and beta versions, walkthroughs, loot lists, etc. Needless to say, my computer has a HUGE amount of Thief stuff on it.

Gone, but never forgotten

Nightwalker and Eras,

I have sent the loot list

I don't know the word in english, but in french :

just for Lady Jo -> frimeuse

Thank you, Lady Jo. When I have time, I'll go through and check to find out what I missed before.

Gone, but never forgotten
    I think that it is the ring on the the mantelpiece of the room with the small balcony = 75 po
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 5th Jul 2005 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Pretty much, as well as lots of alpha and beta versions, walkthroughs, loot lists, etc. Needless to say, my computer has a HUGE amount of Thief stuff on it.
    Nightwalker is just Nightwalker - a true treasure in the world of Thief!

I found this very old FM which I´m playing through right now, and I wonder if anyone else got the bonus objective with the death mask? Funnily it just randomly appeared when I KO´d keeper Gillian. The walkthroughs don´t mention this weird bonus objective either so I was wondering if it was just a random bug

Edit: This was really a weird FM, the story was kinda weird aswell. Oh well.
    Last edited by Samantha1; 3rd Nov 2021 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    ... I wonder if anyone else got the bonus objective with the death mask? ...
    I see what you mean.
    I started playing for short periods a few days ago after reading your post and I eventually came across the above, unexpectedly. I was only making quick saves and had already saved before looking at a change to Objectives. For what it's worth, if anyone else cares to check it out, (from memory) I went ...

Up main stairs, turn right (East) to end of corridor
    turn left (North) to end of corridor
    turn Right (East)
    into the room at the end
    where’s there’s a noble (I didn’t realise that it’s Keeper Gillian) who starts speaking but there’s an echo to the voice and I can’t understand.
    I have subtitles switched on which only say one line, something like
    Mary, ...
    (which may or may not relate to the mission. I have a lot of trouble with spurious subtitles.)
    When he (? Gillian?) stops speaking I knocked him out and the body reads Unconscious Body.
    I take 2 candlesticks and open a chest.
    At some stage during all this (possibly triggered by opening the chest) the screen said "New Objective".
    When I eventually look at the Objectives I can see
    “Bonus goal completed! You found the death mask”

Although I don’t seem to have a mask in inventory. So ...
    Nevertheless the mission matches my skill levels so I'm not complaining. Onwards and upwards!

The bonus objective 'You found the Death Mask!' is achieved when you pick up the noble male in the east bedroom, you have to kill him or KO him of course, and no I don't have a scoobie what that's all about.

Ah yes
    It was the picking-up of the unconscious gentleman that triggered the message, not opening the chest in his room.

Although I “found the Death Mask” without actually seeing it or having it in inventory, shortly afterward I opened a box in another room and collected a mask that went straight to loot, so … On normal I got 3000/3180 loot.

As Samantha1 says, the story is a bit weird. I thought I was slowly piecing it together when suddenly all objectives were achieved and it ended.

Structurally the Manor lacked a few basics (a common fault with architects of old) and although there was bedroom after bedroom after bedroom, I don’t remember seeing a single bathroom/toilet/washroom and not one room (of any sort) had a window.
    No doubt Lord Paladine was avoiding the dreaded Window Tax. It was still good fun and thank you very much to BlackRuin of 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 6th Nov 2021 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    As Samantha1 says, the story is a bit weird. I thought I was slowly piecing it together when suddenly all objectives were achieved and it ended.
    Yes indeed First it came out that the lord was definitely killed, then it came out that it was his wife that killed him and her sister (with who he cheated on his wife) and then it came out that apparently everything was planned from him and he apparently never cheated on her and then bam, it ends...

Structurally the Manor lacked a few basics (a common fault with architects of old) and although there was bedroom after bedroom after bedroom, I don’t remember seeing a single bathroom/toilet/washroom and not one room (of any sort) had a window.
    I think the layout was really nice especially since it´s a mission from so long ago but I too noticed the thing about the lack of bathrooms. Maybe they have to use the bushes after all

I found the remaining loot (5 coins and 2 rings). Poor searching on my part, first time round. And in a room next to the kitchen I found a scroll from Lady Paladine to Ms Relly showing what a very very nasty person Lady Paladine was.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    ... Maybe they have to use the bushes after all
    Ah! Perhaps that's why the mansion has no windows.
    Ignoring my poor jokes … Date of mission release = September 27, 2001 = Excellent job.