TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FM Updated July. 30/05 : Children of the Future SE (Second Edition)

FM Updated July. 30/05 : Children of the Future SE (Second Edition)

*Circumspects, clears throat*

Mr. Tunnel AKA Butakutaya AKA Southred AKA Marco Giotto AKA Salvador the Diceman apparently has updated his mission...after pimping it to death.

Anyway it's on Thiefmissions.com.

I cautiously place the link...

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.c...drenOfTheFuture

So, uhh...
    Last edited by metal dawn; 31st Jul 2005 at 01:00.

Did you just want to beat him to the punch in announcing it on TTLG?
    I'm sure if he'd started this thread there'd be plenty of trumpets & fan-fare...

Or can he even log on from his IP address anymore? A seem to recall some haiku to that effect...

True, I eventually realized that this was a bad idea. But even if I asked for it to be deleted, people would know anyway. I was only announcing for informative purposes, really; just so people know. Not trying to spam.

I started the updated mission a little while ago and there actually ARE visible changes for sure in this version.

That doesn't at all excuse the alt-nick pimping spree, though.

EDIT:

Here's the haiku

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man
    A haiku:

Dynamic IP
    Wildcard ban kills bystanders
    How they shake their fists
    It was directed to The Dark Mechanist aka Blue Haze. I'm embarrased to admit this, but I actually tried to help him in his projects. As it turned out, not much got done. Not surprising, I suppose. I guess I had no clue at the time.

What's interesting is who was on his forum before all the the trouble he caused.

Flecha das Sombras
    John D.
    Golan 2072 (G'len here)
    Speesh
    Musopticon?

What a fool I was for trusting him.

But enough off-topic sh*t.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 18th Mar 2008 at 00:58.

I quite enjoyed this mission the first time round. 'tis a shame the author felt the need to do all that alt-nick stuff

pimping it too death didn't work on me, I haven't download either version yet.

Well the game itself wasn't too bad apart from the dubious storyline, and the fact that the player had to manually finish the game after all the objectives checked off!!!!!. The story has been picked to pieces by other forum members already so I won't bother to put my 2 pennyworth in, but the gameplay taken on it's own with some improvements may not be too bad.

Might be a bit too busy on more salubrious themes. to download though.

I can't speak for everybody (but I suspect I speak for a lot of you rabid wolves out there ), but whenever I see a simple 'New mission XXXX available for download' thread, I'm in there faster than a ferret up a trouserleg. No pimping required. No sirreeee

Quote Originally Posted by CocoClown
    I can't speak for everybody (but I suspect I speak for a lot of you rabid wolves out there ), but whenever I see a simple 'New mission XXXX available for download' thread, I'm in there faster than a ferret up a trouserleg. No pimping required. No sirreeee
    me too!!!

yea, I'll get it. I am here to play. If the author wants to pimp, it doesn't really bother me. Just keep those missions coming.

Need a couple of keys

I was going to read the thread of the first version of this fm, but the search utility was missing from the fm page, so can anyone tell me where the key to Ashman's lock box is, and where the key to the door at the end of the corridor passed the mech. eye is?

I was getting around this mission some time ago, and it was decent, I didn't mind it, but for some reason when I tried to load a saved game, I started at the beginning. It was terrible. I'd gotten somewhat far into the level.
    I got rid of it.
    I also got a lot of gold sky/walls on the map, I think something to do with the textures or whatever since I'm talking out of my ass on this one because I don't know the first thing about mission building.
    Bad download perhaps?

Oh, well. I'm too busy with a multitude of other FM's and lack of time to even play for another download. I'll give it a try in the future, though.

It was a pretty enjoyable FM. I didn't mind the story, but placing it on Earth (or an alternative version thereof) seemed a bit strange to me. The time I spent lockpicking could also have been smaller but otherwise, it was fun.

LeBaron: I just finished it and yet I can't answer. Too many keys, I guess.
    Anyways, the original thread is right here. (btw, read the very end of the thread where the author praises his own mission - )

Quote Originally Posted by Preno
    Anyways, the original thread is right here. (btw, read the very end of the thread where the author praises his own mission - )
    I find the below quote (from here) to be particularly funny in retrospect... Be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    It would be great to hear something from Mr. Tunnel himself in this thread about his FM.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 5 characters." Are you freaking serious? But why??? I guess text between quotes doesn't count ... funny I never noticed that before.

I'll give this one another go . I really don't care if the author pimped his mission , is a pimp or a bloody alien . I'm here to play Thief missions .

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron
    I was going to read the thread of the first version of this fm, but the search utility was missing from the fm page, so can anyone tell me where the key to Ashman's lock box is, and where the key to the door at the end of the corridor passed the mech. eye is?

Did you find them?

Played this one again, after downloading the revised version.
    As an FM it is very good. There is warning on the intro piece,and we know that it is about brothels and drugs etc. I killed all the bad guys, and BJd the women' so as they might reflect on their way of life when they come round.

It really is a very traditional FM and good fun. I'd like Mr Tunnel to come forward please.

Thiefmissions.com

I believe the entire address range of Mr. Tunnel's ISP has been banned due to his habit of setting up separate identities to promote his mission. It's kind of sad; had he waited until the revised version was ready and then announced that he had resolved many of the complaints that were made about the mission, he wouldn't have had to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    I killed all the bad guys, and BJd the women
    I get what you mean, but due to the dubious nature of this mission I could help but laugh when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn
    I get what you mean, but due to the dubious nature of this mission I could help but laugh when I saw it.
    Goodmorning Metal Dawn.

I do have the knack of making double entendres without meaning to. I must proof read more carefully, remembering the quick wits of forum members.

LOL

Quick wit? Metal dawn has a quick fit?

Excuse me friends, but... where is mr. Button's purse?
    and... which door it's possibile to open with mr. Button's key?
    Thank you in advance.

I believe Mr. Button's purse is in a small small theater located on one higher floors around the front lobby (GREAT BIG ROOM close to the garden).

On the theater's stage is chair with the purse flanked by two gates and a unbreakable window.

In the first place, thanks for the answer.

I have understood where is the place, but...
    spoiler:
    like it is made to open (or to break) the grate (or/and the glasses) that there are around to the thing?

To be honest, I didn't get the purse yet, I'm just guessing.

For me the gate blocking access to Button's purse would not highlight,

spoiler:
    but it still opened with Button's key.

I found out that the mission will also end if you go back towards the beginning where you enter the first room if all other objectives are completed except the "wait for a morning train" one.

Tunnel dust --and what's all the fuss about?

I got everything done except for finding tunnel dust. Most ai's are knocked out (not the druggies - they were too scarey so I avoided them) and I'm running in circles looking for this designer drug - I think it's called tunnel dust.

Pretty creepy mission. A little overboard on some of the "adult" content (pretty juvenile, actually) but that's what I like about thief - it allows for a broad range of styles. I'm enjoying it, lots of good creeping about and bj'ing the bad guys. Don't really see what all the fuss is about.

I just read a thread header titled "Least Favorite Missions." I don't know, but if I went to all the trouble of making a mission and putting it out there for fans to enjoy, I'd hate like heck to find my mission listed there. I think that would hurt. Seems that type of unkind commenting can be more harmful than a few randy words and references in a mission.

I found the dust last night
    spoiler:
    in the garden behind the locked metal door at the end of a long creepy corridor near the pool in the basement.
    Last edited by redleaf; 14th Feb 2006 at 10:15. Reason: Nevermind - I found the tunnel dust! Finished!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast