TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greyfeather Gems - Part II: Rodamill (Aug. 21st, 2005)

Really great FM here, and I totally agree with people who said this had a "Thief 1" feel to it. In all honesty, I never liked "The Haunted Cathedral" mission, in my opinion, this FM takes the same concept and makes it infinately better. Plus there were a couple spots that really scared the hell out of me-
    spoiler:
    for instance...the two moments where a strange "shadow" runs by you. Both of those parts really gave me a jolt- and the new treebeast was pretty creepy looking...especially when its running at you.
    Got two of the optional objectives,
    spoiler:
    the pagan ghost who wants you to bring his body into his house, and the ghost in the graveyard you need to bring a candle too,
    anything I missed, besides the hidden loot objectives? Also-
    spoiler:
    where the hell is the pagan totem on Hard difficulty? I finally gave up looking for it (though admittedly, I've never had much patience)...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike
    spoiler:
    where the hell is the pagan totem on Hard difficulty? I finally gave up looking for it (though admittedly, I've never had much patience)...
    pagan totem:
    spoiler:
    Go to Hexham Court. Remember what the note said

Were is the generator

I want to get through the gate to the mines but I havent seen any pagan girl and have been through up and down all that I can find. I know it is
    spoiler:
    in the south valley
    but I am getting tired of searching. thanks

I noticed..I have turned on the generator and still no gate opened. Thanks..Ill keep looking
    Last edited by Lightningline; 23rd Aug 2005 at 20:55.

Actually Lightningline, the generator you're looking for to open the mine gate is in the southeast valley - which is just south of the mine gate itself, very close by. You'll spot the ghost girl if you head directly south from the mine gate, and she'll point the way to get to the southeast valley from there.

I found it...no pagan girl though.
    spoiler:
    Going south was enough,I found it anyhow.
    Thanks alot.

I've just had the pleasure of giving this one a quick try . With the exception of crashing on quick save , this is one of the best looking missions in quite some time .

Greyfeather Gems 2

HELP PLEASE!!!! I read that you are supposed to be able to get to the Greyfeather Estate through the mines. HOW??? I have eluded the burricks and the monstar, explored every nook and cranny (that I could find) and now have returned to the mine gate. What have I missed in the mine? How do I get to the estate? Words of one syllable, PLEASE. I am totally frustrated.

Thanks for the replies and comments, everyone!

To avoid any confusion, the ghost pointing the way is not a pagan girl; the ghost girl is one of the town's former inhabitants.

The Mike - Thanks for the comments. You found both of the bonus objectives, there's only two.

Lynx67 - The way into Greyfeather Hall is indeed through the mines/caves. In the area where you meet the monster, go to the back of his cave where he patrols after the 'incident'. There are bones on the ground. On the west wall of this area, near a purple mushroom, there's a small cave that leads to the estate.

Finished on Expert! What a great mission, only it ended all too soon (everything fun and great always does, doesn't it?)! Hopefully we'll see the finale of this series soon enough! I was hoping to be able to taff around the Greyfeather Estate, but perhaps that's to come in Pt III.

I really tried to kill the
    spoiler:
    tree/stonebeast; I got the beast chase me and hid in that small tunnel leading to the cave with a dead burrick. The beast couldn't enter the tunnel, so I just kept striking it with my sword. Must've hit it a gazillion times, plus shot it with a fire arrow, tossed a gas mine at it, blackjacked it -- the works -- just to see if it was just a tough sonofa... or simply indestructible. Well. After a quarter of an hour of total onslaught, I gave up! 'Course, it probably would've keeled over with the next strike...

Back in first beta; you just needed to shoot one fire arrow to its back when it was unalerted.

Edit: Good that M changed that.

Thank you Morrgan for this great creepy FM!

The atmosphere is so great that I couldn't get rid of my goose skin the whole playing time... and this
    spoiler:
    skeleton baby in the cradle
    nearly made me break down and cry...

Ghost

Looking For Mr. Pagan

I'm slogging my way through this one; love the architecture, the ambiance, and the action.

But I have only five secrets, and I know there are nine. I think I've satisfied all the objectives except this one (I know how to get into the mansion).

I haven't found the dead pagan who wants to go home, and I don't even have a clue where he could be. Can someone set me on the right path?

Also, does anyone have a list of secrets yet? I believe at least one person here got all of them...!

Thanks,

Dafydd

Secrets

Maybe it's time to list secrets yet. Please, Dafydd list your secrets... are you playing on expert ? And we'll complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I haven't found the dead pagan who wants to go home, and I don't even have a clue where he could be. Can someone set me on the right path?
    If you know where the house with the two burricks is (in the flooded market area), then it's opposite to that house.
    Also, does anyone have a list of secrets yet? I believe at least one person here got all of them...!
    I got them all (but can't remember what the last one is). In no particular order, without any detailed description:
    1) the well near the dead pagan
    2) in the same area, a look above for a closed window.
    3) in the same area, do some ledge-walking and you'll get to an open window
    4) in the third area, there's an open window in the house with the apparition upstairs
    5) there's one in the church
    6) there's a secret entrance to the psychic's
    7) there's one in the prison with the apparition
    8) do roof acrobatics behind the Miner's Lodge

Just finished. That was great, really enjoyable!!! Beautifully done, nice touches, and everywhere you turn another cool detail. Hurry and finish Part 3!!!

Ghost
    Thanks, Preno! I'm off to try to get the secrets... and perhaps even manage to complete the second loot requirement -- the one to get all the loot!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by mol
    Finished on Expert! What a great mission, only it ended all too soon (everything fun and great always does, doesn't it?)! Hopefully we'll see the finale of this series soon enough! I was hoping to be able to taff around the Greyfeather Estate, but perhaps that's to come in Pt III.

I really tried to kill the
    spoiler:
    tree/stonebeast; I got the beast chase me and hid in that small tunnel leading to the cave with a dead burrick. The beast couldn't enter the tunnel, so I just kept striking it with my sword. Must've hit it a gazillion times, plus shot it with a fire arrow, tossed a gas mine at it, blackjacked it -- the works -- just to see if it was just a tough sonofa... or simply indestructible. Well. After a quarter of an hour of total onslaught, I gave up! 'Course, it probably would've keeled over with the next strike...
    Me too except I
    spoiler:
    was on the other side of the small tunnel. Of course he pulverized me. I finally resorted to flash bombing his eyes, and ran for the exit.

Ghost
    Preno, I can't figure out what to do with the Pagan after finding him!

I found the key; it fit the door right next to the pagan and the well. But I can't find any bed in that room. I dropped the body in various places inside -- right inside the door, up on the raised area, in the storage room with the gold bottle -- but nothing had any effect. There is a door I cannot open (doesn't frob), but I don't know if there's anything else in there; it looks like a tavern, so maybe there are rooms (with beds) upstairs. But when I climbed up the boxes to the catwalk on the second floor, I couldn't find any way into the upstairs (or even if it exists, other than as window dressing). I took him to the tavern next door, which hadn't even been locked; but dropping him on the two accessible beds upstairs (near the little spider) didn't trigger anything.

I'm completely missing something big here... what is it?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Morrgan: All I can say is... WOW!

I have barely even started playing the mission, but I just had to come and post in this thread. I spent literally 20 minutes just admiring the architecture and texturing in the starting area. Your use and choice of textures and lighting is superb! You're very talented. Thanks for this FM!

Dafydd Take him into the building that unlocked with the rusty key. Check the floor for a pile of rubbish with a Dewdrop doll beside it. That's his bed.

the first time I played your fanmission on easy. I entered the Hall and then the game finished. All three objectives were ticked off. Did I miss something??

Ghost
    Yeesh, Nightwalker, how did you figure that out? It would never have occurred to me in a year.

Okay, I got the last two secrets on Preno's list; but that still leaves me with only eight of nine... does anyone recall the last secret (any secret not on Preno's list)?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 24th Aug 2005 at 23:03.

Dafydd: the last secret you're missing is in the very first valley with the canal. Take a plunge. About the pagan - the pile of rubbish is a pagan bed, you'll see them in Trail of Blood too. apparently they're less recognisable than we thought though There's his dolly and some food nearby as well, it's just all a bit hard to see as that area's quite dark.

Garrett: The main objective (making your way into the Hall) will tick off and end the game as soon as you enter the basement of Greyfeather Hall. There's few objectives to start with, and all but the main one are optional, which is why all the ones you have will tick off (or rather cancel) when you get into the mansion. You'll be able to play the mansion itself in Part 3 when it's ready.

The mission is about exploration rather than a laundry-list of tasks; it's sort of like Trail of Blood in that regard. However, there are 9 secrets to find and three bonus objectives that you can pick up in the course of the mission, so there's plenty to do. It's just that you have to do all the exploring, loot-gathering etc. before taking the final step into the Hall.

Gneh. The post above was by me, BTW Using someone else's computer at the moment.

so whats up with the zippy semi-invisible character that runs around the level?

spoiler:
    It doesnt have anything to do with the third part of the story does it???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast