TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greyfeather Gems - Part II: Rodamill (Aug. 21st, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz
    spoiler:
    It doesnt have anything to do with the third part of the story does it???
    Of course not.

;)

Not a very big spoilage:
    spoiler:
    That's the 'Lady', I presume.

So what exactly are these invisible people? or do we have to wait to find out?

Musopticon,
    spoiler:
    It looked like a male figure to me...

Well...
    spoiler:
    I meant that she is most probably behind those figures. There's two powerful beings in Rodamill and the other one is just a big boogie. That leaves us the 'Lady', mentioned in the psychic shoppe's scroll. Of course; it could be the Keepers again, but I rather doubt M would further use the overused.

Is it possible those invisible people are the trapped souls of the dead people? - that the lady has trapped for whatever purposes? Some of the encounters with the invisible people have been near dead bodies.

That's sort of what I meant.

In other news; finish your mission , Esh!

Is there more than one fire arrow on expert? Foolishly used the one I had and now I see where it was REALLY needed. Would rather not go way back to an earlier save.

I didn't need a firearrow anywhere during the mission. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

You don't need a fire arrow? What about
    spoiler:
    lighting the candle on the tombstone?

Doesn't a flare work?

spoiler:
    You just have to use the candle with the goblet on top of the gravestone.

Criminey! How many years have I been playing Thief????? Never occurred to me to use a flare to light a candle. Thanks for the answers. My noggin must be getting mushy.

Thanks Morrgan - on my way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrgan
    Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that The Greyfeather Gems part II: Rodamill is finally ready for release.
    So far, it's superb. Bravo.

(I have no idea how big it is because I refuse to read all the other posts, unless I get stuck.)

Quote Originally Posted by Polychromic
    So far, it's superb. Bravo.

(I have no idea how big it is because I refuse to read all the other posts, unless I get stuck.)
    Just downloaded it too, it does even for the first breif moments seem very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    You don't need a fire arrow? What about
    spoiler:
    lighting the candle on the tombstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musopticon?
    Doesn't a flare work?
    Apparently nobody thought to just frob the candle once it's on the candleholder!

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    Criminey! How many years have I been playing Thief????? Never occurred to me to use a flare to light a candle. Thanks for the answers. My noggin must be getting mushy.
    Me neither. Everytime I use a flare in Thief, I think about those light sticks that are activated by bending...

Quote Originally Posted by Vigil
    Apparently nobody thought to just frob the candle once it's on the candleholder!
    I did.

Like a repeat of the 'elemental crystal problem' in T2X methinks.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I did not finished it yet, but I just want to say....what can I say that has not been already said?

I wish I were the one who built this fabulous mission.

I just can't wait to see the sequel.

Yes, all has been said, so I'm a late entry in the "I love Morrgan"-isms.

However, allow me to repeat the sentiment of total immersion. I was SOOO "there"!!! The atmosphere literally captures the player. The textures and architecture are believable and natural. I believe the paramount thief experience is when the player feels as if they are truly acting out the given mission, and this experience is most effectively achieved here.

My only (and very intense) regret is that I had not the time to play this mission from beginning to end in one dark, late-night, beer-accompanied session.

Please, Morrgan, finish this story!

Ghost
    Huh... no, that wasn't it, Vigil; I already got that secret, I think. You're talking about the one one where you go swimming (in the first area), duck under a wall, and swim up a long shaft through a jagged hole in the floor above to find a nugget, right?

So it must be one of the other, previously listed ones I'm missing: the only two that I'm not sure whether I really got are "in the same area (South Valley, where the dead pagan is found), do some ledge-walking and you'll get to an open window;" and "in the third area (where the civilian quarters, barracks, and city hall are found), there's an open window in the house with the apparition upstairs (the building you pass through to get from the watery second area to the third area)."

As far as the first, I recall jumping across from the catwalk above the dead pagan's building to a wide, stone ledge across the street, then moving right along that ledge to an open window with some loot that gave me a secret chime -- I think.

But I'm really not sure about the second. The only thing I can think of are the two busted windows across a gap from the level part of the wooden ramp. That is the correct building, because I walked around the ledge and saw the unearthly denizen through the window. But I don't recall finding anything in that room... so if you could be really specific, I can check and see if it's still there; if so, then that's the one I didn't get. If not, then I already got it -- and I'm really confused!

Thanks,

Dafydd

It was a difficult choice this weekend; two FMs by two of my favourite authors; John9818a and Morrgan. I decided on this one as I'd played part one just recently.
    Well it's gorgeous; a beautiful, creepy atmosphere. The bit that sticks in my mind is
    spoiler:
    the skeleton with it's leg still draped over the chair

I'm completely lost of course {I'm rubbish at Thief}, but I'll get there eventually, cheers Morrgan!

Thanks for the replies, all! Sorry that I'm a bit slow at replying, I'm away on holiday at the moment and don't go online very often. Judging by your comments it seems I managed to do what I wanted with this mission, and it makes me really happy.

As for the zippy, semi-invisible characters, you'll learn more about them in the last part. I'll just say that they have a connection to the Lady, as some of you already suspected, and have nothing whatsoever to do with the Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    The only thing I can think of are the two busted windows across a gap from the level part of the wooden ramp. That is the correct building, because I walked around the ledge and saw the unearthly denizen through the window. But I don't recall finding anything in that room... so if you could be really specific, I can check and see if it's still there; if so, then that's the one I didn't get. If not, then I already got it -- and I'm really confused!
    spoiler:
    In this room there's a mask behind one of the large crates.

Greyfeather part 2

Morrgan - I finished Part II last night (after playing part 1 again for context), and just wanted to say "Brilliant!". Really enjoyed it, stunning atmosphere, great story, and real fun! Easily goes in my top 5 FM's of all time. Thanks! And keep 'em coming.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast