TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Greyfeather Gems - Part II: Rodamill (Aug. 21st, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by The inscrutable po
    Also, I found the pagan.

spoiler:
    and the note in blood on the wall, but I didn't bring him to his house. I didn't find any other note or can't remember it. I need... a, to find where he was laying again. b, find the note telling me where to bring him. C, or if someone will just tell me where to find him and bring him that'd be great.
    OK
    spoiler:
    1. a. By the pub
    2. b. On the pub
    3. c. In the pub

Quote Originally Posted by RarRar
    Hey! Speaking of cookies, I have one question about a secret:
    spoiler:
    Exploring underwater I surfaced in a small room and it said I'd found a secret. As far as I could tell there wasn't anything notable in the room nor did the room lead anywhere interesting. So what was the secret?
    If you are where I think you are, check the sill of one of the room's windows for a small reward.

I've just finished the mission
    It was great.
    Terrific Atmoshpere. It really felt like it had fallen to bits.

Finished this fan mission last night, and I'm sorry it's over.

It was so well done, it was the acyual game. Great story, great music, textures and surprises. I love original atmospheric fan missions with a story.

I can't wait for the next! There will be a next, right?

So far this is a really good mission. I found a guard hovering in mid air though. I finished, I think.
    spoiler:
    Is it supposed to end when you enter the hall? If so, I am guessing that there will be more.
    Last edited by mxleader; 30th Aug 2005 at 01:19.

Can't find the 3rd bonus objective which a previous post said is in
    spoiler:
    the Starling Power Station
    . I have been through there and and into Deighton's place, found two scrolls to read but no objective triggered. Help, please.

Joanie,
    spoiler:
    You have to find two power stations as the first one is out of commission. The second one has a switch you can pull to send power to the gate. You then have to find that gate and the pull a switch to open it. I think if you search this thread for "little girl" you'll get some clues.

Imper.... eterna... THE ROCK KEEPS ON SPINNING!

There's a place where you come out of the water when swimming from one area to the other (it says "city hall" on the map) and there's some rubble there and a boulder that can be picked up. I dropped it on the rubble and got perpetual motion. After a few minutes of watching and listening to this spinning rock, I got bored and decided to try to kill myself with it by jumping on it, but I found I could walk right through the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    Can't find the 3rd bonus objective which a previous post said is in
    spoiler:
    the Starling Power Station
    . I have been through there and and into Deighton's place, found two scrolls to read but no objective triggered. Help, please.
    Is there a 3rd bonus objective? I haven't checked the goals file but given that the other two have clear setups, I can't think of what the 3rd would be.

on page 5 note from Vigil to Zonian, refers to this 3rd bonus objective. Or, am I reading this wrong?

Oi, you think the limit of what can be done with this ol cranky game is reached and...

Altho i was dissapointed with the mission ending upon entering the hall, just as i feared, nya >;p

JoanieS:
    spoiler:
    You are right, the third objective is indeed in the Starling Street power station - it's on the ruined second floor upstairs. To reach this you can either climb a fallen beam from one of the rooms on the first floor, or else mantle up through a crack in the wall from the outside of the powerstation, near to the storage building.
    Also, one of the scrolls in Deighton's quarters should have given you the east valley map and ticked off the find-a-map objective. Did it?

mxleader, where was the guard you found hovering in midair? And yes, there will be a third mission, which will be set in Greyfeather Hall. It will be released as part of a pack containing the other two parts, so the end of each mission won't seem quite so abrupt

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    on page 5 note from Vigil to Zonian, refers to this 3rd bonus objective. Or, am I reading this wrong?
    In this mission there are secrets, optional objectives, bonus objectives, AND additional regular objectives related to your loot total. It's hard to keep them all straight but I believe Vigil is referencing the Optional objective involving the pagan mask.

Oh, o.k., Thanks. No wonder. I found the totem last week. Yes, the labeling as its referenced in different posts is quite confusing. So, besides the nine secrets
    spoiler:
    (one of those is the mask)
    there are 2 optionals (
    spoiler:
    totem and map
    and 2 bonus (
    spoiler:
    final resting place and reuniting lovers
    . And that's it? Apparently I have spent several days looking for something I already had.

That's my count as well. Plus the additional loot total objectives if you find enough. Oh and in my previous post exchange pagan mask with pagan totem but you got the gist of it.

Hello again people. I'm back from my holiday and it's a very pleasant surprise to find so many replies, thanks all!

Gracias Garret- son, I don't speak Spanish but I understand enough to get the main thoughts. (If anyone can translate it completely for me, I'd be grateful.) And thanks RarRar for the detailed comments, I'm glad to hear the extra hours put into it were noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by The inscrutable po
    There's a guard with a crossbow up on a roof somewhere. Is there any way to get up to him?
    Just to confirm what's been said, no, there is no way to reach that guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    (Is there any way to open the cover on the well without smashing it?)
    Nope, I'm afraid not.

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR
    Altho i was dissapointed with the mission ending upon entering the hall, just as i feared, nya >;p
    Heh, this was originally meant to be just one big mission, but about halfway through the layout of the city I realised things had already gone out of control and having it all in one was just not gonna happen. I'd like to think I've learned my lesson and will never make anything quite so big ever again.

This is a great mission! Architecture, music, creepy mood, 3-D map, exploration, game play, and all the rest that has been mentioned many times. I let it get away from me when it first came out and am just getting around to it.

OK, I finished the mission in ghost mode (expert), first pass, no side trips, no help. I missed 5 secrets and 575 loot. I got the reunited bonus but missed the other 1-2 (which is it?). So I went back for another run in BJ mode last night to find more. Then I found a location on the map with the well, the pagan, and the rusty key, among other things. Now I cannot find any of that again!

I know this is a stupid question, but would someone kindly tell me about where on the map these places are located and give me directions to get in there? Thanks!

I found the answer by looking harder in this thread. Preno posted it. The place is near the flooded market. Now I have 8/9 secrets and I am missing 105 loot, I believe. Still hunting.

Excellent mission, I couldn't part with the whole treasure but it was one of those creepy adventures, half shitting my pants half enjoying every minute.

Thanks! Has anyone found all the loot yet? I was thinking about making a lootlist. Sometime. Maybe.

Just remembered, I am MASSIVELY short on loot, despite having 6/9 secrets. Must have missed some big stuff in there somewhere!

Nice Rushhhhh

Congrats on a great mission, Morrgan I loved the overall creepiness: baby in the cradle, floating spider, etc. And your maps are freaking gorgeous! Hope to see more of your work in the future!
    "He is winding the watch of his wit. By and by it will strike."
    --William Shakespeare

Thanks Junco, glad you like it! The maps were made by Vigil and yes, I think they're excellent too, thanks to him once again for making them.

Oh, the lootlist is on the way, as is another FM of mine (not TGG though, I need a little break from that), but things got a bit messed up due to some health issues lately. Back now though and able to Dromed again.

This FM was the bomb.

10 points for best use of ghosts.
    10 Points for best use of spooky sound effects(Cradle anyone?).

Hard enough to keep me working, easy enough to keep me from becoming bald.

I anxiously await the next one...
    Love never blows up and gets killed...

WOW! Morrgan is the new queen of creepiness, definitely. Just those little touches of suspense and surprise that are led up to by just the right amount of preparation with perfect use of Ambients, and then BAM! you've jumped off a ledge and run screaming into the next room...literally. And your wife wants to know just what the freakin' hell you're doing...

I jumped when the
    spoiler:
    arm bone fell down on me from the spider web above!

I'm stuck after getting all the way to the part where
    spoiler:
    you help the pagan back to his bed. I've missed something along the way obviously. I'm assuming the next part is to find the (other) map, I've got the first one, but don't know where I'm not going. I've done the burrick section, and found the 2 Bonus Objectives..any ideas?

I'll probably figure it out eventually, but I hate backtracking the same stuff over and over and ....

Hehee, thanks muchly! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

As for moving on, in the building with the spider web with the arm, there's a flooded basement you need to swim through to get to the next part. Look behind the counter downstairs. There's another map to be found, but when you find it depends on which way you take to get to it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast