TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saints and Thieves T2 FM Aug. 28/05

Saints and Thieves

Got a problem!
    spoiler:
    After getting the schroll from the Captains office safe and returning to the forer of the Watch station and trying to put it on the counter, nothing happens.
    Is there some trick to this? Am I in the wrong place? Help would be greatly appreciated. Also the only key I have found is the Captain's. Where are the other keys to get in the vault, when we find it? From reading some of the messages here, we seem to be missing an awful lot! We haven't found a spiral staircase, or the key pad for the secret in the game room, or any secret passages.
    t

Your problems with "schrolls" and "forers" aside, the first thing you need to do is start searching each room you visit more carefully. If you did, you'd have...

spoiler:
    ...found the lever that opens the number pad in the gameroom.

Congratulations Harley! For your efforts you have been awarded this rodent guillotine for humane research.

Check out it's many features!
    http://www.kentscientific.com/600/ca...nt.asp?page=90

Ghost

Looking for Captain's key

Can someone please give me a hint where to find the Captain's key? I'm sure I've walked right past it a half dozen times. (Now that I finally have a rope arrow -- thanks, IP and Maloo! -- I'm going to go back to the police station and have a go upstairs... maybe I'll find the key there!)

By the way, if anyone is wondering why I didn't just buy a rope arrow at loadout... well, so am I! Somehow I just didn't notice it there, even though it's usually the first thing I buy. Yeesh!

Thanks,

Dafydd

To The inscrutable po

Thanks very much, I guess we were blind. This was an absolutely incredible FM!
    Some of these far surpass the original Thief games and this is certainly one of the best. I still have a feeling that I missed a lot of the mission. I just hope that someone makes a walkthru so that we can replay it and catch all we missed. Thanks again for your help.

I just sort of ghosted it - No knock outs or kills, no damage dealt. Of course I was discovered half a dozen times and I didn't get everything, but it was a blast with all the guards monitoring. I feel like a competent thief.

It does say one body discovered, which can only be someone crushed by an elevator and discovered while I was near the body. I've yet to steal that smuggler's cargo if that's possible in time.

Ghost
    Inscrutable Po, the technique you used is called "Lytha style," after a Thiefer named Lytha: no damage dealt or taken, but if you get spotted, no problem.

Is she still around, by the way?

Grr! Can't any one give me a hint about the Captain's key? I'm stuck here without it.

Edit: I tried climbing up everywhere I could find in the watch station, but all I found on the rafters was a minor gem and a piece of cheese. I left the cheese. Did I miss something?

Still looking for that Captain's key. I think I'm the only person playing this mission who hasn't found it.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 31st Aug 2005 at 05:07.

Dafydd:

spoiler:
    The key is in Captain's quarters in the barracks. There's a safe in there.

Ghost
    Thanks, Spitter; I don't know how I missed that!

All right, finished with a clean ghost, 4124 out of 4439, 7 out of 9 picks (which means I probably missed one, because of the T2 pickpocket bug).

Very nice mission! For your next one, you should consider getting a ghoster for one of the beta-testers... I hereby volunteer to be the ghost tester !

Dafydd

Can anyone please guide me to the circular staircase.

I can't find it, somehow. Mayhap I'm too eager.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

circular staircase (this might be right)

spoiler:
    You need to get into the vault. That means you need the key. Free the children first. (I might be all wrong on this)

spoiler:
    Did you crack the code in the game room?

I don't think you can get to the circular staircase until you do those things so you're asking for the wrong info.

I know where the gameroom is but didn't do a good enough sweep. I'll just have to go there and hope for the best.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Bloody good fan mission. Thanks. I had fun. Need more.

Help!!!

spoiler:
    I must but stupid but I can't find the evidence. I have been to the captains room and looked inside the safe behind the painting and took eveything but the book which I can't pick up. Reading previous threads I tried droping all the notes on the city watch front desk but I obviously don't have the correct evidence yet. What does it look like and where is it?

spoiler:
    It's a rolled up type scroll labeled as "personal something or other".

Not sure where I found it, but it wasn't anyplace special. You must not have been through all the rooms or you haven't checked your inventory carefully enough. That's my guess. Check your inventory for it again.

Thanks The inscrutable po.

spoiler:
    All my scrolls are not labeled so it seems I don't have it yet. But I am sure I have checked all the rooms as i'm already way over the loot total on expert! Guess I will have to wander around some more!

Thank you for this great and very thievy mission Spitter. I only wish it had been longer with a few more objectives to complete but you said you had in mind the contest at first and had to make it short.
    I think nobody has mentioned the new look of the AI yet I very much like the new textures and costumes you made for them and even noticed the differences in thieves' faces.
    Well done you !
    Fist and Sword
    Mosley

Thanks for an excellent mission . I usually don't like long walks in between break-ins or climbing , however this mission was so well done - it was a pleasure .

Sir Lance,

spoiler:
    Second floor, the room labeled "office" on your map. There's a safe in there behind a painting. Use the captain's key on it. The incriminating "personal letter" that you need is in there.

Excellent mission, this one. Maybe someone already said this but the outdoor areas feel a little empty. Even that is fine, though.

I frobbed the children once to find out what happens, then again to make them stay where I found them, then proceeded to find the shortest, safest way out. I fumbled once pretty bad and was forced to quickload. A while after the quickload the children came running upstairs to where I was, miraculously avoiding any guards that they might have met on the way.

This mission is beautiful, but I take it Spitter is an nVidia user? Once again the fog is a bit problematic, here's how it looks on an ATI:

He he sorry but I think fog with an ATI is not realistic. The area in front of you is without fog and you can see too clearly. When you have fog it is everywhere not just in some places hi hi So fog = better with an Nividia

Since most areas of the mission are more confined or have twisted streets, ATI's strange fogging becomes apparent mostly in the area outside the warehouse. In the rest of the map it looks quite good, IMO.

Excellent mission! I trust the matter with the cargo will addressed in a sequel?

Great and fantastic mission Spitter! Nice warehouses and other architecture. The unfolding story was quite nice as well. Quite an excellent effort!

Final finished and thanks to those that help me find the evidence. Great mission spitter.

superb mission, Spitter!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast